nedeje sa nic (nothing happened) - new recording items sound test

Started by #gpmproject, June 17, 2012, 08:31:47 AM

#gpmproject

nedeje sa nic
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hallo Songcrafters:-)

Right, very long time I was thinking about my home studio upgrade - software and hardware and I bought SONAR X1 Producer (they had great offers last month) and I placed order for Roland Quad Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface, which is working with Sonar absolutely fantastic.

So after installation and ASIO I/0 settings I took my RODE NT1 - A and acoustic guitar (this time I used just condenser for recording all guitar tracks) and I recorded one old song just for sound test.

Yes, it's in Slovak language, so here's some translation:-)

I could stole the wings
out of all fallen angels
And on Sunday morning
probably I'll give them to you

I think, that nothing really happend
just rainbow is loosing colours
I think, that nothing really happend
just sky is falling down

I will slowly touch you
by my gently hands
and on Sunday morning
we could get some drink

blah blah..something like that - translation isn't very easy, different phrases and meanings of words, you, know what I mean:-)

so here's my song

SwanSong

IHI ,and welcome. really nice sound. and does not matter the lang
as we all know music is universal. and this is another superb example
cheers NEIL.!

Geir

Listened to this this morning and forgot to comment ... oh well ... in for another listen and it still sounds fab !!

That's a nice setup you've got!

BTW why do they call it "Roland Quad Capture" ??? There's only two inputs, right?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

#gpmproject

Quote from: Geir on June 18, 2012, 04:36:18 AMListened to this this morning and forgot to comment ... oh well ... in for another listen and it still sounds fab !!

That's a nice setup you've got!
BTW why do they call it "Roland Quad Capture" ??? There's only two inputs, right?

No idea why Quad Capture, there are 2 inputs, but you can use them for jack and XLR cable:-)

andy casson

I enjoyed this Lubo, your new setup seems to be working for you! Sounded great

andy

64Guitars

Sounds great, Lubo.

Quote from: Geir on June 18, 2012, 04:36:18 AMBTW why do they call it "Roland Quad Capture" ??? There's only two inputs, right?

It's 4 In/4 Out. The XLR/TRS inputs on the front are channels 1 and 2 and the SPDIF input on the back is channels 3 and 4. Likewise, the dual TRS outputs are channels 1 and 2 and the SPDIF output is channels 3 and 4.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hi Lubo, I don't understand the gear you're now using but I love what you do with it. Love it..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder