Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

upsetminded

Took a drink offered by Courtney Love (that she was drinking) in 1994 in Toronto.  Was Southern Comfort and Pineapple juice.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  But, she is so filthy I've thought about getting myself tested.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

upsetminded

Oh yeah, and took a piss beside Iggy Pop at a bar in Toronto years ago.  Kind of starstruck and while washing hands at the sink I said, "Wow Iggy Pop I'm a huge fan."  He gave a smile (the smile a drunken streetperson gives when you give em change) and said, "Call me Ig brother."  True highlight of my life.

Greeny

Quote from: upsetminded on December 07, 2009, 08:51:11 AMOh yeah, and took a piss beside Iggy Pop at a bar in Toronto years ago.  Kind of starstruck and while washing hands at the sink I said, "Wow Iggy Pop I'm a huge fan."  He gave a smile (the smile a drunken streetperson gives when you give em change) and said, "Call me Ig brother."  True highlight of my life.

That's too cool!

tony

Quote from: upsetminded on December 07, 2009, 08:51:11 AMOh yeah, and took a piss beside Iggy Pop at a bar in Toronto years ago.  Kind of starstruck and while washing hands at the sink I said, "Wow Iggy Pop I'm a huge fan."  He gave a smile (the smile a drunken streetperson gives when you give em change) and said, "Call me Ig brother."  True highlight of my life.

Be glad it wasn't George Michael.

upsetminded

QuoteBe glad it wasn't George Michael.

Ha nice!!  But I think those bathrooms have a different sign.

Gritter

The two most notable that I have met and spoke with are:

1. Raffi - I met on a ferrie ride from mainland (Vancouver) to Maine Island.
2. Flavor Flav - I met in Hawaii. He was on vacation with his girlfriend and I was there refereeing a men's hockey tournament - a few teams from the Vancouver area organized it annually.

Both were very decent and friendly. Raffi being a little more reseved and Flav being quite endering, good to chat with and funny as hell.

I have a picture somewhere of Flav and me....

If only we could bring the two of them out of retirement to team up...that would be something........

hmmmmmmm.....................

Tangled Wires

Sandy, I don't suppose Flava had the time on him did he?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Quote from: andrewh on December 08, 2009, 12:11:06 PMSandy, I don't suppose Flava had the time on him did he?

Of course...but he only was wearing one watch - in the photo above he's wearing two! ;)

SdC

I'll throw in my unknown celebrity -LOL
I met the late Hiram Bullock in a bar blues jam session in Florida in the early nineties; he was just passing through and joining the jam.... I was intimidated enough to leave my guitar in its case that night - at the time I was very much into Jazz rock/fusion, and Hiram was one of the great session guitarists in the genre and right-hand man of Dave Sanborn. He is probably best known from his solo on Sting's version of Little Wing (Dream of the blue turtles). Anyway, he was a truly friendly guy who took the time to chat with me about a concert I saw him in when he was guest with our dutch pride Candy Dulfer (who I also met)

recorder
Boss BR-600