Celebs I have met - general discussion

Started by Flash Harry, January 26, 2009, 10:04:35 AM

Flash Harry

Inspired by Greeny:

Which clebs have you met and where. What was your reaction and more importantly what was theirs?

My starter for 10 is here

https://songcrafters.org/community/post-your-work/this-could-be-my-undoing-!/msg10687/#msg10687
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Ones I've actually TALKED to, because where I work, I see them walking past all the time. Especially Noel Gallagher. Short arse.

Bryan Ferry - at a posh wedding when I was 14. He was friendly and gracious, and remains a true hero. I was the hired help doing the car park, btw  :D

Lenny Kravitz - I broke my rule of not asking for autographs when I saw him at the premiere of Spiderman 2. He was really friendly. I snubbed Toby Maguire and Kirstin Dunst to get to him, lol.

Sam Phillips - just before he died. The man who recorded Elvis in Sun Studios. Just an autograph, but that was pretty special.

Bonnie Tyler - touchingly modest, and seemed very nice  :D

Sven Goran Eriksson - seemed ok, but was annoyed when I suggested that the media / papers picked the england team!

Max Clifford - came to give us a talk at work - he's really interesting to listen to, no matter what you think of him

My girlfriend knows 2 famous comedians and a famous actor, but that's not for me to talk about  :D

Oldrottenhead

kissed liz fraser at nightmoves in glasgow cant recall who they where supporting might have been blancmange, met bill nelson in edinburgh, shared a fag with kurt wagner twice, once at he glasgow fruitmarket, was a no smoking venue and i was gasping, i said gizza puff big man and he obliged the following year i met him outside the abc in glasgow and he said you owe me a cigarette so i obliged.
 had a drinking contest with kirk brandon at the paisley bungalow, i used to be able to down a pint in under two seconds and a pint of guinness in under three through a straw, afterwards i remember fighting with him in a big puddle outside the venue, he started it asshole couldnae hawd his bevvy, my yellow jeans and bumblebee jumper where ruined.
 spilled a lovely chote du rhone over bruce forsyth when i was a waiter before starting work for real.
 my mate used to write a fanzine in glasgow so we got on the guestlist for all the upcoming bands, cant remember half of them usually cos i was drunk, no change there then but during that time we went all over scotland with tv smiths explorers and i shaved of half my eyebrows for a bet long story, but my mate;s band supported him last year in glasgow and when he arrived he said how are you you mad fucker i see youve got your eyebrows back, dont know what he meant about mad fucker im pretty sensible, re the eyebrows ,  i forgot i had done it and my mum kept saying have you had a haircut and it wasnt till their next gig the all said hey jim you did it, did wot sez i, then it all came flooding back, i think there is an old song posted here that was influenced by such events. ive been requested to redo it on the mbr, cant mind wot its called think it was posted in the skip for rubbish songs flash set up. the first mrs higgins worked at radio clyde so met lotsa minor celebs, one of the reasons we divorced was cos i couldnt help take the piss out of them. one minor celeb, dougie donnelly asked me in a lift who i was i told him my name oh your ruths fiancee, yes i said and who are you? i honestly hadnt a clue . im dougie donnelly i present scotsport or somesuch black affronted he was but i was still none the wiser.  anytime i met him after that i used to call him donald, oh deary deary me.lmao.
and i sat at the next table to paul buchanan in ashton lane next to byres road , had the kids with me and wanted to say im not worthy but didnt want to disturb him. and once in glasgow queen street station billy mackenzie was at the next table in burger king having a coffee and i really wanted to kneel at his feet but thought better of it, when he died a few years later, i wished i had at least said gaun yersel billy.
 if i rember any others i'll let you know.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

There's a book in this, ORH! There are some very cool names on that list - cool because only people properly into music would know how drop-dead cool some of those people are. I hadn't thought about 'Do you believe in the Westworld' for a long time before I read this. Your story reads like a who's who of cutting edge 80's indie music. Seriously - you have some memoirs to sell there. I wish I'd had a fight with a rock star. Actually, I still do. Matt Bellamy from Muse is at the top of my list. He plays guitar too well and he knows it. And he just annoys me generally. He needs to be taken down a peg or two...  :D :D :D

Greeny

Oh... spent a New Years Eve lock-in with Bruce Foxton many, many years ago. He spilt a whole pint on my jacket the drunken fool.

Greeny

I can't believe I forgot this one. Me and my son met Chas and Dave at one of their gigs (I've been to 3 of them  :D). He's a bit of a fan, lol. They were REALLY nice. Dave gave my son the bass pick he was using, and we got this great photo...

holdempok

man that photo is kick ass.

hope you have that one framed up somewhere.

I talked to frankie Sullivan from Survivor on the phone when I was 12 right after thier first album premenition... My favorate song from that album was summer night.. shit I used to sing that in my sleep.

Met Brian Urlacker,Jerry Azuma, Connie payton,
 at some golf outtings I was invited to. some other boxing promoters and politicans but who really gives of fuck about that. its all corrucpt in both arenas.

I did write a letter to Cheryl Ladd when I was just starting to get pubes...6 weeks later I got one back. kinda fan mail return but me and that letter had some moments.  ;)
Why don't we do it on the road?

Oldrottenhead

my first wife worked at radio clyde when they where based in anderston in glasgow, we were just engaged and i was going to meet her for dinner, i got in the lift, and dougy donnelly was there(famous in scotland as a radio dj but more famous now as a sports presenter for the bbc) i was about 20 so never listened to radio or watched tv was too busy with drinking and seeing bands, so i didnt know him from adam.
i got in the lift and he asked which floor, turned out it was same floor as him, soheasked who i was, oh your ruth's boyfriend, yes thats right i said. who are you?
never seen someone change temperament so quickly he was grossly offended that i didnt know who he was lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Passed Joe Jackson on the stairs in the Shepherd Bush Theatre when it was the BBC TV Theatre. Mumbled 'love your music' or something equally banal.

Stood in a lift with Roy Wood from Wizzard and other great bands, no doubt he will be wheeled out again this Christmas, he was wearing his usual gareish collection of colour and tinsel and I remember particularly the ladies high heeled sparkly sandals. Such great style.

I played the same piano as Elton John did, not at the same time unfortunately.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !