Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Burtog

LIVE AID FEST is a good idea, lots of bands from all sorts of genres.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

I'm thinking the hands off fest could be a permanent feature. You post a rough draft of a song. Add the demo ikon. And folk know they can dabble with it. The thing with the current festival is the time frame from someone writing and posting a demo and then others producing it, can take a bit of time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I say we need an Under1:45Fest.

Love the idea of making the producer fest permanent!

JacksonFamilyFest anyone? The5, Micheal , Janet, Tito....there were others right?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Hook on November 19, 2015, 06:59:06 AMI say we need an Under1:45Fest.

Love the idea of making the producer fest permanent!

JacksonFamilyFest anyone? The5, Micheal , Janet, Tito....there were others right?

Yes Hook the other Jacksons are  Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Farrell. They never let me on stage because I was the one that was dance challenged...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Farrell Jackson
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 19, 2015, 11:45:50 AM...the other Jacksons are  Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Farrell.

:D :D :D - got to admit, you had me for a moment there, Farrell!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on November 19, 2015, 06:39:21 AMI'm thinking the hands off fest could be a permanent feature. You post a rough draft of a song. Add the demo ikon. And folk know they can dabble with it. The thing with the current festival is the time frame from someone writing and posting a demo and then others producing it, can take a bit of time.

Great idea!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

How about a fest with a dual/split personality?  I was thinking Songs about Buildings and Food Fest, where you could either post a Talking Heads cover (More Songs About Buildings and Food is a Talking Heads album) or post an original song (in any style) about buildings and/or food.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Flash Harry

Quote from: Nick_ODH on November 20, 2015, 06:55:54 AMHow about a fest with a dual/split personality?  I was thinking Songs about Buildings and Food Fest, where you could either post a Talking Heads cover (More Songs About Buildings and Food is a Talking Heads album) or post an original song (in any style) about buildings and/or food.

I have long wanted a songs about buildings and food fest - almost exactly along those lines.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.