Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Hook

I literally haven't remembered a dream since I had my first kid?
 I would bet the majority of voting members went into the studio years ago & recorded on reel to reel. Better yet most of us had old cassette tape multi track recorders. I guess it can't always be %100 even and it sounds like fun to me to compare what everyone sounded like and how they re-imagine a tune now.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Hilary on August 29, 2015, 07:20:30 AM
Quote from: Hook on August 29, 2015, 07:17:11 AM
Quote from: Hilary on August 29, 2015, 06:55:13 AM
Quote from: bruno on August 29, 2015, 05:42:29 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on August 26, 2015, 01:45:25 PMThis post of oldrottenhead's gave me an idea. How about an Analog-to-Digital fest? The idea would be to take a song (original or cover) that you recorded in the olden days of analog tape and re-do it on your current digital multitrack recorder or DAW. Then you'd post both versions. Only the new digital version would be added to the festival jukebox, but you must also post the old analog version in the same topic so we can compare them. And you should provide as much info as possible about the original recording - when was it made?, what recording equipment was used?, what instruments did you play?, who else is in the recording (friends, former bandmates, etc., if applicable) and what did they contribute?

Might be interesting.

I love this idea - when can we start :-)

Some of use have only been doing it for a couple of years . . .

Some people don't like country songs,  I can't remember my dreams.....it's got to get the votes to win.

It's not very inclusive though is it. You have a choice whether or not to write a country song and participate, some members don't have the option to participate in the Analog to Digital Fest - it's meant to be a community, we should all be able to be able to participate if we wish to.

It seems an easy problem to solve. We just have a mini-fest of analog compared to digital recordings between the regular Festivals.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hilary

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on August 29, 2015, 07:42:09 AM
Quote from: Hilary on August 29, 2015, 07:20:30 AM
Quote from: Hook on August 29, 2015, 07:17:11 AM
Quote from: Hilary on August 29, 2015, 06:55:13 AM
Quote from: bruno on August 29, 2015, 05:42:29 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on August 26, 2015, 01:45:25 PMThis post of oldrottenhead's gave me an idea. How about an Analog-to-Digital fest? The idea would be to take a song (original or cover) that you recorded in the olden days of analog tape and re-do it on your current digital multitrack recorder or DAW. Then you'd post both versions. Only the new digital version would be added to the festival jukebox, but you must also post the old analog version in the same topic so we can compare them. And you should provide as much info as possible about the original recording - when was it made?, what recording equipment was used?, what instruments did you play?, who else is in the recording (friends, former bandmates, etc., if applicable) and what did they contribute?

Might be interesting.

I love this idea - when can we start :-)

Some of use have only been doing it for a couple of years . . .

Some people don't like country songs,  I can't remember my dreams.....it's got to get the votes to win.

It's not very inclusive though is it. You have a choice whether or not to write a country song and participate, some members don't have the option to participate in the Analog to Digital Fest - it's meant to be a community, we should all be able to be able to participate if we wish to.

It seems an easy problem to solve. We just have a mini-fest of analog compared to digital recordings between the regular Festivals.

Farrell

Perfect!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

fenderbender

I like the idea mini-fest wont upset anyone  ;D ;D
Aggg jeeezzz better get up in the attic and find that cassette tape and Mini disc from 19 0 splash ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

ODH

Funnily enough my first post here was an analogue to digital reworking, as were many of my (earlier) original posts. In fact that well may already be dry.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Burtog

I think we should kick 2016 off with a world peace fest!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Yes mate i think that is a good idea.

Was thinking also... this could also be a time for some of musics big names to step up and hold something on the scale of live aid in 84 to promote world peace.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

A live aid fest - songs played at live aid :-) could be the world peace fest!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mike_S

Now yer talking. That would be a fine idea...
recorder
iPad GarageBand