Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

T.C. Elliott

As was discussed in the Beefheart thread:

First Line Fest - Post one (or several) opening lines and the challenges is to write a song using that opening line for your song.

Famous First Line Fest - Use the first line from an existing song to write your own new song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

steelguitar

I propose for a future festival : "Live In A Great Natural Place",

Place known as the Grand Canyon  :o ( here the original idea I propose to generalize : https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=21182.msg260828;topicseen#new )

or totaly unknown as a little place in the middle of the south of France in scrubland la garrigue in french, ...  ::)

What do you think of it?

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

henwrench

Quote from: steelguitar on May 27, 2014, 12:32:35 PMI propose for a future festival : "Live In A Great Natural Place",

Place known as the Grand Canyon  :o ( here the original idea I propose to generalize : https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=21182.msg260828;topicseen#new )

or totaly unknown as a little place in the middle of the south of France in scrubland la garrigue in french, ...  ::)

What do you think of it?

Jean-Sébastien

Yea, definately, with pics etc. just like ol' Ted....ace idea....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: steelguitar on May 27, 2014, 12:32:35 PMI propose for a future festival : "Live In A Great Natural Place",

An interesting idea, but it doesn't place any restrictions on the song itself - only where it's recorded. I would prefer to have some restriction on the song to make it more of a challenge. So I propose that the song has to be about the location in which it is recorded. It can be an original song inspired by the location, or a cover song that's about the location.

And the location needn't be famous or distant. You could go to your local park or even your own backyard, as long as the song is about the location and is recorded live in that location.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 28, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

An interesting idea, but it doesn't place any restrictions on the song itself - only where it's recorded. I would prefer to have some restriction on the song to make it more of a challenge. So I propose that the song has to be about the location in which it is recorded. It can be an original song inspired by the location, or a cover song that's about the location.

And the location needn't be famous or distant. You could go to your local park or even your own backyard, as long as the song is about the location and is recorded live in that location.

Yep, yes and yea!!!

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

steelguitar

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 28, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

Totally agree with you, 64 guitars!!!
It could be a very interesting Fest with the restrictions you clearly define in your message

Jean-Sébastien

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

henwrench

I think the idea of the pics is pretty relevant too, just to like add to the Kudos...etc. etc.

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Wikipedia has a page of Lists of Songs which could be a good source of festival ideas. Especially, under the headings Topical and Miscellaneous/unsorted.

If anyone sees anything there they like, post the suggestion here.

I kind of like the idea of John Lennon's Jukebox.

Here's the complete list of songs, though it only gives the A side - I think we should include the B sides too, if we can find out what they are.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/shows/lennon/songlist.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website