Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Gnasty

Quote from: Hook on November 11, 2012, 08:03:33 AMI was thinking for Theme we could do a "Hand Off Fest " or a "Producer Fest" . You write a song, just the basic chords and vocal and pass it off to another member for them to produce. I think it would be interesting to see where someone else might a song. Just a thought, I of course would have to go back to the metronome  >:(.
Rock On!

Yeah i like that! Or just lyrics maybe even. The person writing won`t even know how it`ll turn out!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

thetworegs

Quote from: Gnasty on November 11, 2012, 08:06:46 AM
Quote from: Hook on November 11, 2012, 08:03:33 AMI was thinking for Theme we could do a "Hand Off Fest " or a "Producer Fest" . You write a song, just the basic chords and vocal and pass it off to another member for them to produce. I think it would be interesting to see where someone else might a song. Just a thought, I of course would have to go back to the metronome  >:(.
Rock On!

Yeah i like that! Or just lyrics maybe even. The person writing won`t even know how it`ll turn out!
Great idea Just Lyrics and pass it on

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Chords too much for you guys ;) ;D.

Just lyrics is a good idea.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Oh man, that's me out, no good at lyrics.

So what about first album fest, you have to cover a track from the first album you ever bought.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on November 11, 2012, 09:51:41 AMSo what about first album fest, you have to cover a track from the first album you ever bought.

First album bought or first album owned? My first few albums were given to me as gifts, so I didn't actually buy them. I would imagine it was the same for a lot of people. The first album they owned was probably a Christmas or birthday gift. The first album they actually purchased for themselves probably came later.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

bugger i think first album i ever bought myself was rubicon by tangerine dream, but it might have been the original soundtrack by 10cc,was one of those two. way too hard both of them. i could always lie tho.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

danieldesete

Quote from: bruno on November 11, 2012, 09:51:41 AMSo what about first album fest, you have to cover a track from the first album you ever bought.

I suffer from selective memory, everything traumatizing or non usefull is erased within a few months. I visualise the first album I bought, but thanks to selective memory I forgot all about it
hou hou ha ha

Burtog

Quote from: 64Guitars on November 11, 2012, 10:41:26 AM

First album bought or first album owned? My first few albums were given to me as gifts, so I didn't actually buy them. I would imagine it was the same for a lot of people. The first album they owned was probably a Christmas or birthday gift. The first album they actually purchased for themselves probably came later.

er, i got most stuff copied for first few years but the first album i got was The Hits 2 album circa 1985, look at this for a track list - 4 sides too!!!

Its not too bad actually!

Side One:
 1.Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
 2.Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
 3.King - Love & Pride
 4.Nik Kershaw - Wide Boy
 5.New Edition - Mr Telephone Man
 6.Kirsty MacColl - A New England
 7.Strawberry Switchblade - Since Yesterday

Side Two:
 1.Prince - 1999
 2.Phillip Bailey & Phil Collins - Easy Lover
 3.Ashford & Simpson - Solid
 4.Chaka Khan - This Is My Night
 5.James Ingram - Yah Mo B There
 6.Dazz Band - Let It All Blow
 7.Art of Noise - Close (To The Edit)

Side Three:
 1.Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
 2.Paul Young - Everything Must Change
 3.Chicago - You're the Inspiration
 4.Jim Diamond - I Should Have Known Better
 5.Amii Stewart - Friends
 6.The Commodores - Nightshift
 7.Alison Moyet - That Ole Devil Called Love

Side Four:
 1.Stephen "Tintin" Duffy - Kiss Me
 2.Little Benny and the Masters - Who Comes To Boogie
 3.Matt Bianco - More Than I Can Bear
 4.Big Sound Authority - This House (Is Where Love Stands)
 5.ZZ Top - Legs
 6.Mick Jagger - Just Another Night
 7.Shakin' Stevens - Breaking Up My Heart
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Was kinda think first album that you actually bought. Too be honest, its one of three as a can't quite remember, 1) Electric Savage - Collesium II, Rattus Novegitus - Stranglers or Albedo 0.39 Vangelis. My mum bought me a tape recorder for christmas - I was very much into the Lazarium, hence Vangelis and Collesium II. I must say I don't fancy doing any Electric Savage stuff - that seems like too much like hard work  :-[

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

The first album I bought was Elvis Sings hits from his movies......when I heard Big Boss man I was hooked for good ....how about an Elvis fest surely there's something for everyone there.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination