Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

steelguitar

- OneFest : Only One voice and one guitar festival...
- EffectFest : a song made principally with one effect on guitar, voice, keyboards...
Flanger, chorus, tremolo, Wah Wah (I love the idea of a WahWAhFest)
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

bruno

FalsettoFest - every song sung in Falsetto!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Falsettos taking it a bit too FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  ;D

beleg

Bruno,
            This is a cool idea!

Quote from: bruno on June 29, 2012, 03:09:47 PMChangeTheDecadeFest - take a song and change the decade, take a 90's song - play it in 70's style!

Geir

ChallengeFest

I think we would have to sign up for a fest like this. Those who sign up get a challenge from one of the others that have signed up. The aim would be to challenge eachother to push our bounderies. As an example I would like to challenge Henwrench to write a cute lovesong ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

steelguitar

;D I love the idea of a challenge fest...
As an example I would like to challenge FaceMask  to write a hard rock song, to challenge Danieldesete to write an atmospheric song, to challenge Dobrodaddy to write a blues slide overdrived song à la Allman Brothers Band like "Statesboroblues", etc ... arf  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

suburban behemoth

We have this game going on at a Group on FB  where  the names of two or more bands are spliced together to make a new band, for example: Rolling Stone Temple Pilots.  Why not do that in a form of a song, a "mash-up" if you will. You'd blend two band's styles together  a la Faith No Morphine, or try mashing two songs together, "Cure for Painkiller".
recorder
Boss BR-864

steelguitar

some suggestions for Artist / Cover Festival :
- Ben Harper Fest
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Fest
- Johnny Cash Fest
- Depeche Mode Fest

and for Theme / Genre Festival :
- Live Song Fest : live version of well known songs, sometimes very different from studio album version
- Alternate Song Fest : Alternate or lesser known versions of songs

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I was thinking for Theme we could do a "Hand Off Fest " or a "Producer Fest" . You write a song, just the basic chords and vocal and pass it off to another member for them to produce. I think it would be interesting to see where someone else might a song. Just a thought, I of course would have to go back to the metronome  >:(.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely