Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Oldrottenhead

a big field and a big marquee some amps n stuff an hunners o songcrafters awe in the wan place.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

great idea Jim as long as its not tomorrow it talks of rain

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

peterp

Oh-crap fest, songs of doing something really really foolish and getting noticed :)
Swamp fest, songs of the bayous & swap people :)
Redneck fest, songs from redneck country.

Here's your chance to test out that new washboard, jug and wash-tub you got at the general store :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Hilary

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 20, 2012, 10:07:29 AMa big field and a big marquee some amps n stuff an hunners o songcrafters awe in the wan place.

yay - great idea Jim
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

The OneSongFest - choose one song (for the entire festival) - and everyone has to do their take on that one song! Might be boring, might be fun! They would certainly need to be different!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

steelguitar

Quote from: Gnasty on June 19, 2012, 04:20:42 PM
Quote from: steelguitar on June 19, 2012, 03:13:34 PM;D ;D ;D :o
Quote from: bruno on June 19, 2012, 03:08:48 PMOkay - as I'm on a roll of craziness - a morph fest. You get given a song and a style (jazz, hiphop, blues etc) or even 'in the style of' another band and you have to produce that song in the given style. We could take a back catalog of a prolific artist (say Dylan, Beatles, Stones etc). So you may get 'All along the watch tower', in the style of, say, Hendrix .... hang on, that's been done - but you get the picture. Actual we could randomly generate a list - and you can choose the one to do. Would be a challenge!!!!
;D ;D ;D

Excellent idea!!! "Stairway to heaven" in the style of Beach Boys... "Good vibration" in the style of AC/DC... "Highway to hell" in the style of Bob Dylan, etc  ;D ;D :o

We already kinda did that one really..It was called Recyclefest Check it out..There are good ones on there!

Sorry, you are right oups :(

OneSongFest  is also an excellent idea!!!  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Burtog

............this is what we should do!!

SMITHSFEST

Morrissey songs could also be included.

Worked well for U2 but The Smiths are better IMO.
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Quote from: Burtog on June 21, 2012, 09:14:55 AM............this is what we should do!!

SMITHSFEST

Morrissey songs could also be included.

Worked well for U2 but The Smiths are better IMO.

I second this!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely