Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 04, 2023, 08:47:57 AMI think Rain Fest is a good idea for a fest.

With the caveat that rain shall not be used as a metaphor for tears!  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

For covers, how about a "Super Fresh Fest" or "It Was Just Released Fest" (there are probably better names), but the objective would be to cover a charting song that was released within the previous, say, 9 months from the beginning of the fest. That way when the festival ended, the oldest song on the jukebox could only be 1 year old.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

bruno

Quote from: Ted on October 02, 2023, 05:15:44 AMFor covers, how about a "Super Fresh Fest" or "It Was Just Released Fest" (there are probably better names), but the objective would be to cover a charting song that was released within the previous, say, 9 months from the beginning of the fest. That way when the festival ended, the oldest song on the jukebox could only be 1 year old.
Yes - but you'd record one backing track, and sing the entire top 100 :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ted

Quote from: bruno on October 05, 2023, 09:48:41 AMYes - but you'd record one backing track, and sing the entire top 100 :-)

Rick Beato has entered the chat.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Leslie Fest

Covers, maybe?

I've been experimenting with how to get a Leslie sound using the gear I already have.

I found this video:

The fest would be to do your best Leslie using pedals or plugins. It would be nice to try achieve the same sound as the original recording, but not a requirement.

Here's a list of potential songs, where

• "Badge" - Cream
  • "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" - The Beatles
  • "Any Colour You Like" - Pink Floyd
  • "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" - The Beatles
  • "Something" - The Beatles
  • "Breathe (In the Air)" - Pink Floyd
  • "Undone – The Sweater Song" - Weezer
  • "Alison" - Elvis Costello
  • "Cortez the Killer" - Neil Young
  • "Little Wing" - Jimi Hendrix
  • "Ohio" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
  • "Good Times Bad Times" - Led Zeppelin[/li)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac