Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Burtog

Just a thought..................

Would it be better to have 1 festival every month instead of 2 every 2 months?

It seems the festivals go a bit flat for the second month?

We could alternate between Theme/Genres and Artist/Covers.

Could keep things a bit fresher??

:)
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

IAN HUNTER FEST,One of the best songwriters to come out of the uk  :)

Hook

Triplefest - all songs have to qualify as 3 previous festival entries.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Okay - as I'm on a roll of craziness - a morph fest. You get given a song and a style (jazz, hiphop, blues etc) or even 'in the style of' another band and you have to produce that song in the given style. We could take a back catalog of a prolific artist (say Dylan, Beatles, Stones etc). So you may get 'All along the watch tower', in the style of, say, Hendrix .... hang on, that's been done - but you get the picture. Actual we could randomly generate a list - and you can choose the one to do. Would be a challenge!!!!

;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

steelguitar

;D ;D ;D :o
Quote from: bruno on June 19, 2012, 03:08:48 PMOkay - as I'm on a roll of craziness - a morph fest. You get given a song and a style (jazz, hiphop, blues etc) or even 'in the style of' another band and you have to produce that song in the given style. We could take a back catalog of a prolific artist (say Dylan, Beatles, Stones etc). So you may get 'All along the watch tower', in the style of, say, Hendrix .... hang on, that's been done - but you get the picture. Actual we could randomly generate a list - and you can choose the one to do. Would be a challenge!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Excellent idea!!! "Stairway to heaven" in the style of Beach Boys... "Good vibration" in the style of AC/DC... "Highway to hell" in the style of Bob Dylan, etc  ;D ;D :o
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Gnasty

Quote from: steelguitar on June 19, 2012, 03:13:34 PM;D ;D ;D :o
Quote from: bruno on June 19, 2012, 03:08:48 PMOkay - as I'm on a roll of craziness - a morph fest. You get given a song and a style (jazz, hiphop, blues etc) or even 'in the style of' another band and you have to produce that song in the given style. We could take a back catalog of a prolific artist (say Dylan, Beatles, Stones etc). So you may get 'All along the watch tower', in the style of, say, Hendrix .... hang on, that's been done - but you get the picture. Actual we could randomly generate a list - and you can choose the one to do. Would be a challenge!!!!
;D ;D ;D

Excellent idea!!! "Stairway to heaven" in the style of Beach Boys... "Good vibration" in the style of AC/DC... "Highway to hell" in the style of Bob Dylan, etc  ;D ;D :o

We already kinda did that one really..It was called Recyclefest Check it out..There are good ones on there!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

kenny mac

What about Hero fest? everybody does a song by their hero. :)

beleg

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary