Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Greeny

I think we all could do with some lightness and positivity right now.

Also, what about an alter ego fest? Be an imaginary band or artist and do a song by them. Probably a bit weird, but the Beatles did it with Sgt Peppers. And XTC did it with The Dukes of Stratosphear.

Mike_S

Absolutely... some kind of positivity fest is a good idea ????
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2020, 12:39:32 PMRock and Roll Fest (for Hilary).

Can you elaborate on the requirements for a Rock and Roll Fest please? To me, the term rock and roll means the music of the 1950s and early 1960s. We had Fifties Rock & Roll Fest in 2016 and FiftiesFest 2 in 2018, so would this be FiftiesFest 3 or did you have something else in mind? I suppose the music of the 50s isn't necessarily all rock and roll, so perhaps a Rock and Roll fest would be slightly different. I just think we need more details about what would be expected if we're going to vote on it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 09, 2020, 01:06:47 PM
Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2020, 12:39:32 PMRock and Roll Fest (for Hilary).

Can you elaborate on the requirements for a Rock and Roll Fest please? To me, the term rock and roll means the music of the 1950s and early 1960s. We had Fifties Rock & Roll Fest in 2016 and FiftiesFest 2 in 2018, so would this be FiftiesFest 3 or did you have something else in mind? I suppose the music of the 50s isn't necessarily all rock and roll, so perhaps a Rock and Roll fest would be slightly different. I just think we need more details about what would be expected if we're going to vote on it.

I assume 50's rock and roll. It was on the Zoom call and I was already several whiskies in (half a bottle).

Can anyone else clarify?!

kenny mac

Jean Pierre

rock and roll before the British Invasion :D (which really comes down to rock and roll fifties. and firt years of sixties )
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Hilary

Rock and roll fest  ::) we could take any song and rock and roll it up if you think it's been done too many times before

Write a song in 45 mins or less fest

Write a song which includes a specific phrase in fest

Collab with someone you've not collaborated with before fest

Foreign language fest

Group fest - collabs with a minimum of 3 members

Lonely fest - songs about being lonely

Elvis Fest - Elvis covers or songs about Elvis

Sunshine fest - songs that make you happy

A slide fest - songs that include a slide guitar

A Kazoo fest - songs that include a Kazoo

Single backer fest - someone makes a backer (like Redler and Ella's) and we all have a go at it

Some of these ideas came up on the Zoom MET.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

Shakespeare fest - songs based on the works of Shakespeare

Songs that include a rap fest

Songs that include a mouth trumpet fest  ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

you were really paying attention Hilary lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann