Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Jean Pierre

I agree also...very good challenge
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Redler

Quote from: Mike_S on April 06, 2018, 01:00:31 PMWhat about... "PunkFest"?

Just to chill out and blast some angry chords out to let a bit of steam off??

Yeah!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pete C

I like the last couple of ideas - Punkfest 2 and songs in another language.

A few more from me:

Male members cover songs made famous by female artists and the female members cover songs performed by male artists?

Random Years -  admins choose a few random years and we vote on which year from which we cover songs?

1980's Heavy Metal?

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

Just a thought: Chiptune challenge. I've been playing with BeepBox.co and really enjoying the results. There is a small learning curve for some features but it's easy to get started.

https://beepbox.co
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

bruno

What about a song reversal fest - where you take the core message of a song and reverse something about it - i.e. love becomes hate,  happy becomes sad, major key becomes minor key, fast song played slow, flippant song played really seriously etc. etc.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Jean Pierre

QuoteWhat about a song reversal fest - where you take the core message of a song and reverse something about it - i.e. love becomes hate,  happy becomes sad, major key becomes minor key, fast song played slow, flippant song played really seriously etc. etc.

wow!...not easy but interesting
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

Bad Song Makeover Fest

The idea is maybe we could compile a list of songs, say 2 from each Songcrafter, that he or she considers "a bad song", then when we have a complete list, lets say there are 20 or 30 to choose from, Songcrafters are free to pick whichever song they want from the list and try to turn it into a "good song".
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Mike_S on September 02, 2018, 10:44:51 AMBad Song Makeover Fest

The idea is maybe we could compile a list of songs, say 2 from each Songcrafter, that he or she considers "a bad song", then when we have a complete list, lets say there are 20 or 30 to choose from, Songcrafters are free to pick whichever song they want from the list and try to turn it into a "good song".
i have a few hundred that are in need of such repair, lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ted

Quote from: Mike_S on September 02, 2018, 10:44:51 AMBad Song Makeover Fest

I've always been interested in this idea. I call it Song Rescue.

So many songs are secretly good, but they are hindered by some badness: Here are three examples that have been stuck in my craw for a long time: Good lyrics matched with bad music ("I Will Survive"), Bad lyrics set to good music ("Spooky"), and good lyrics and music just badly realized ("When I Need You").
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac