Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Burtog

Quote from: bruno on June 16, 2012, 09:42:29 AMOkay - based on the principle of blind santa - each participant would be given a name of another participant - and then would be sent the track to do (blind). At the end of the fest, all would be revealed!

So BlindSantaFest

I quite like this idea,.....................................sort of a LuckyDipDest?

A number of tunes (covers i guess) go into the pot and you are sent a random song to cover??

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Burtog on June 16, 2012, 11:14:58 AM
Quote from: bruno on June 16, 2012, 09:42:29 AMOkay - based on the principle of blind santa - each participant would be given a name of another participant - and then would be sent the track to do (blind). At the end of the fest, all would be revealed!

So BlindSantaFest

I'm liking the idea too.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

So this is the way the Blindsanta works for xmas. All names go into a hat - someone administers - and everyone gets a name, you then buy a present for that person, the person gets the gift but doesn't know who its from.

This may be complex to administer - however, this is how I'd think it would work.

People who wish to participate would put their names into a virtual hat (probably via a thread).

Someone would have to administer centrally.

We would all then receive an email with another person who is participated. We would then choose a song for that person - perhaps outside the normal stuff that person does (would need to put some thought into this). That goes back to the administrator - and we would would receive an email with a song to do.

At the end of the fest - all can be revealed :-)

Anyway that's it as an idea!

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Gnasty

Hey ya Great idea there Bruno! I like that!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Well i am so surprised with this forum being 95% male, nobody has said SEXFEST!  ;D

There i said it! I got a song for that in the future actually..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Nothing-Fest! Songs about uummm 'nothing'!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 16, 2012, 03:58:37 PMi did suggest a bawdyfest

never heard that analogy but it sounds kinky  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Quote from: bruno on June 16, 2012, 02:51:20 PMSo this is the way the Blindsanta works for xmas. All names go into a hat - someone administers - and everyone gets a name, you then buy a present for that person, the person gets the gift but doesn't know who its from.

This may be complex to administer - however, this is how I'd think it would work.

People who wish to participate would put their names into a virtual hat (probably via a thread).

Someone would have to administer centrally.

We would all then receive an email with another person who is participated. We would then choose a song for that person - perhaps outside the normal stuff that person does (would need to put some thought into this). That goes back to the administrator - and we would would receive an email with a song to do.

At the end of the fest - all can be revealed :-)

Anyway that's it as an idea!

B.

Works for me, I like the idea of the unknown here!
recorder
Boss BR-800