Shine - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, June 10, 2012, 01:23:03 PM

AndyR

I've looked at the "mobile vocal booth" options, Farrell. Not sure I'm going down that path though.

I've got the speaker side of the room (keyboards between it) covered in various tapestries and stuff now. And there's a tent contraption over it as well! These vocals were done with that, with the wall coverings behind it.

Funnily enough, I did another vocal yesterday, and I found that it was better if I turned me and the mic round the other way!! (With the lively half of the room behind the mic). This worked almost as well as the old place did (where I never used to worry about it). I shall be investigating further :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

Coming late to this as I don't get on here much these days but as always a great pleasure to hear a new work from Andy. The production, composition and arrangement is excellent as always but like many others have said the stand out aspect for me is the vocal performance. Wonderfully controlled but incredibly powerful singing and of course superbly recorded so every nuance is captured. And the song itself is quite unique in its style, very imaginative.

Excellent work as always, a real joy to listen to.

Cheers,

Nigel

PS just read some of the other comments and agree with you about the organ, it's interesting you posted that. there are a few places where it is a little out of time or slightly off when you hit the note, but not so much that it feels like a mistake. Like you said, for me it adds a "live" feel to it, it really does sound like someone's playing it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Yep, everytime I hear the loose organ bits now I have an instinctive "owch". But I just did not notice them until I was singing the lead vocal.

But, because I'd heard the organ parts many many(!) times before that with a guide vocal doing pretty much the same job, and while I was playing the guitars that went with them, without spotting any problem at all, I had to admit to myself it probably wasn't too much of a distraction to a listener.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1