Shine - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, June 10, 2012, 01:23:03 PM

AndyR

First new one from me for ages and ages.

I wrote it a little while ago. I did a rough demo before we moved house, then I started hacking into it when my new "studio" was ready (or half ready, anyway!).

The song (originally an acoustic folk/blues thing) is still there, but it kind of "evolved", as mine are inclined to :D. The vocals have caused me hours of toil this time. It turns out I was rather lucky that the living room in the old place was quite "dead". My studio is very far from dead(!) – although I'm working on it – so the lead vocal wasn't quite so easy to capture as I've been used to, too many reflections reaching the mic.

I'd like to redo the lead when I've sorted the room out - it's all set, the vocal was the last thing mixed... but it would be a pain doing it because all the backing vocals are tied to this performance.

Anyway, here we go, a kind of love song. As usual, quite a lot of instruments and, er, loads of voices... ::)

I hope you like it :)

(And now I can have a rest... and I'll have some time to start listening again! :))

Shine
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
Guitars, Organ, Bass, and Vocals - AndyR
--------------------------------

On my way
To bring you comfort
I found a girl
At the side of the road
She seemed hurt
And obviously suffering
So I stopped
I don't know why

Shine she said
And don't stop wondering
Shine
And don't let go

She might have been somebody's daughter
She might have been somebody's wife

I wiped the tears
And bought her coffee
Cigarette
And held her hand
I watched the fire
Slowly dying
Held her tight
As it passed away

Shine
And don't stop wondering
Shine
Please don't let go

She might have been somebody's daughter
She might have been somebody's wife

It made me think
How much I love you
I know how much
But does it show?
Can you feel
My arms around you?
Or is your fire
Dying slow?

Shine she said
And don't stop wondering
Shine
Do not let go

So I will try to keep on wondering
I will shine
And not let go

Copyright (c) 2012 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Facemask93

This definitely a singers song , i second guessed the melody as it went along , and wasn't disappointed , a cracker indeed Andy , i loved every minute of it , you've no worries about the vox , its perfect , back for a second listen , well done buddy

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Burtog

I'm a bit blown away with this Andy it is awesome, ALL of it, love the organ, the acoustic soloing, vox, well everything.

It really it spot on!!!

:o
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

great to have you back andy, song is up to your usual very high standards and catchy as hell, bravo, i hope that now you have studio nearly set up, it wont be too long till we get some more from you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

Par excellence as we have grown to be accustomed to by you....
The keyboard work is a welcome addition.
Vox is awesome, in my humble opinion....

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

'Bout time you came out to play again! Wicked, wicked wicked awesome!!!!

Sounds great on open speakers, too - Love how you can do that. Everything cuts through clean 'n nice.

Great songwriting and performance!! Well done!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Blown away just teriffic could go on all day about the recording, but thats what we,ve come to expect from you, the thing that impresses me most is the quality of the song, that chorus is just killer, teriffic job, will be back for many more listens.
recorder
Boss BR-80

andy casson

Good grief this is superb Andy, just love your vocal, amazing! Wonderful mix, and nice key change, the whole song hangs together wonderfully

excellent listen...bravo
andy

Geir

Ahhhhh FINALLY !!!

I've been waiting for a new track from you a while now (got all the others on my piPlayer).

and I've got to agree with John, the quality of the song is what impresses me the most as well. We're spoiled with your fantastic productions, and I constantly try to learn from listening to your songs. But production is mostly a craft. The quality of your songs however, are pure art (well.... I know there's some craft in that too :) I hear some of your signature tricks in there ;) )

This one will get a lot of airtime in the Alfsen tower ! Man I really love your vocal performance here too !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

Nice one Andy.  Vocal performance, arrangement, recording, production - and everything else - first class.

Paul Chapman