Festival Submissions for previous festivals no longer accepted

Started by 64Guitars, June 09, 2012, 02:52:10 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on June 12, 2012, 11:18:20 AMSo.... I should stop production on my DIY,under2,protest,folk,psych,emu,pirate,unplugged,punk song???????? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(
This really hurts guys!

I think you misunderstood me. All of your songs are welcome at any time. It's just a question of whether I'll add them to a festival jukebox or not. Up until now, I'd add just about anything. But that's changing. From now on, I'll only add songs to the current festivals. So I'll add your DIY songs to DIYFest because it's a current festival, but I won't add songs for Under2Fest, ProtestFest, etc. You're still welcome to post them. Please do! They just won't be added to the respective festival jukeboxes, as those festivals have ended.

It's possible that we could have a sequel to any of the previous festivals. If anyone wants to see a sequel to a particular festival, just suggest it and I'll add it to the list of suggestions from which we select our 8 poll choices every two months. Whether the sequel actually happens depends on voting, but it will stay in the list of suggestions until it wins a vote (if ever). As I mentioned earlier, I might add previous songs to sequel festivals (haven't decided if I'll do it for all sequels or just certain ones like TributeFest and BeatlesFest). So, for example, if you've got some pirate songs you want to post, you can go ahead and post them anytime. I won't add them to the current PirateFest jukebox but if you suggest a PirateFest II and it wins the vote for a future festival, I might add your previous pirate song posts to the new jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

FuzzFace

Quote from: Hook on June 12, 2012, 11:18:20 AMSo.... I should stop production on my DIY,under2,protest,folk,psych,emu,pirate,unplugged,punk song???????? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(
This really hurts guys!

This I gotta hear!

Hook

Sorry if anyone took me seriously, I abandoned that idea about 45 minutes ago anyway so it's now a non-issue.
 Now I'm only going to post 3 chord songs that were written in 5 min., using only a microtonal Jaw Harp!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

FuzzFace

Quote from: Hook on June 12, 2012, 02:18:12 PMSorry if anyone took me seriously, I abandoned that idea about 45 minutes ago anyway so it's now a non-issue.
 Now I'm only going to post 3 chord songs that were written in 5 min., using only a microtonal Jaw Harp!

I propose this as a festival theme!

cuthbert

Quote from: FuzzFace on June 12, 2012, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: Hook on June 12, 2012, 02:18:12 PMSorry if anyone took me seriously, I abandoned that idea about 45 minutes ago anyway so it's now a non-issue.

I propose this as a festival theme!

Jaw-HarpFest, aka Busted-Front-TeethFest?  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

I've just created a new topic in the General Discussion board for festival suggestions so we can keep them all together in one place. If anyone has any serious suggestions for future festivals, please post them in that topic. I've made it sticky so it will be easy to find.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15502.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2012, 12:06:15 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on June 12, 2012, 09:06:22 AMWhat was wrong with the separate Tribute song category? I actually liked that. Easier to find.

We decided that the separate Songcrafter Tributes board was redundant since all of the tributes were already in the TributeFest jukebox. The original topics are easily found via the TributeFest jukebox. Just click any song link in the Artists section at the left of the jukebox, or click the Comment link for the currently-playing song in the jukebox.

I was just razzing cuz i`m working on a new one!  ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2012, 11:59:09 AM
QuoteAlso I would suggest that the tributes should be posted in "originals" rather than "covers". .... just a thought ...

I disagree. An original is a song that's performed and recorded by the person who wrote it. A cover is a song that was written by someone other than the person who is performing it. A tribute is a cover of another songcrafter's song. It's an original when they perform it, but it's a cover when anyone else performs it. So all tributes are covers.
I do agree that they are covers, but my thought was that they in our little world feels more like a finished collaboration and thus should be treated as an original. No big deal tho. If the tributes posted between fests are incorporated in some jukebox I'm a happy chap :D.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

This really hurts guys!

I just realised that you were probably only joking about creating one song that fit all of those festivals. I originally thought you were serious about recording separate songs for each of those festivals.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website