the credit crunch by indierik and oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 25, 2009, 06:45:09 PM

Oldrottenhead

CRUNCH01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
indierik had a problem with an mp3 that had the remains of a previous song on it,  he sent it to me to repair which took all of 12 seconds, i offered to put a lyric on it but told him it might be a while coz of all the stuff coming my way from greeny re jemima's kite. but a few beers later ive got through all the jk's stuff, two songs awaiting backing vox and bass from tim and mike, so with time on my hands i wrote a topical lyric about the credit crunch. the credit crunch has not affected me as yet so is not from personal experience, i watched a few tv programmes on the beeb about the wall street crash of 1929 so subliminley it must have affected me.
anyroad up here it is.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

How did you manage to do this one as well as all the JK material?!  :D

And it's not like it's just a throwaway effort, 'cause it's top quality stuff again. Great guitars and a great vocal performance. And lyrics predictably and consistently spot on  :)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteHow did you manage to do this one as well as all the JK material?!
i think it all bubbles around inside me then when someone sends me a good  bit of inspiration to work with, hey presto it all comes out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I can't understand it either. I struggle to keep up with you two and all I do is a bit of twanging.

Good stuff Rik and ORH. Nice song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on January 26, 2009, 06:51:21 AMall I do is a bit of twanging.

Eh? That 'twanging' is what makes my songs - not to mention our Jemima's Kite stuff - finished articles. You can't make a great cake without some delicious icing on top!

indierik

I am digging it! It's actually quite funny, "maybe rob a bank" hey don't think I haven't thought about it... :)

I particularly like the opening line! Bravo!!!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

holdempok

man if we all had 20 yrs given back to us today. knowing what we know now. but at least we now know.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Oldrottenhead

Quoteman if we all had 20 yrs given back to us today. knowing what we know now
certainly be better at getting our legs over at that age, ma knee is killing me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

S1MON_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
got a telephone call from simon cowell was flown to london then chaufered to his mothers luxury penthouse bedsit in crouch end.

he sat me down said james,
 the credit crunch........

so topical.........

however.....................

it needs to be under three minutes long,

needs to be faster

and no one outside of old blighty will understand what the pools are,

so taking his advice i rescripted the lyrics no pools, but i slyly left in the word fancy, im sure he'll call tonight and say james no......

i speeded it up a bit too

so its now not shorter but quicker and under three minutes,

simon sez hit hit hit......
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

indierik

I agree with Simon....It's a hit! With me at least.

I have to get used to it being sped up, but other than that it sounds fantastic.

When are you going on to be preforming it on British Idol?

say hello to Simon for me.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche