Bouncing question....

Started by MrBud, June 06, 2012, 05:01:37 AM

MrBud

I've managed to bounce my tracks v1 1-4 on to 1-2 v2   [Thanks to you guys]  And now have tracks 3-4 v2 open [of which i've now completed...]   
So, to open 2 last tracks  [ I promise ! ]  Do i  bounce v2 -3-4 down to  12 v3 ?  i presume leaving open v3 tracks 3 and 4 ?
If so,after setting pans/volume etc.. will be able to hear all 4 tracks when micro br set to 12 v3 [post bounce?] 

I know these are tedious questions,my apologies,,,it's just much easier hearing it straight from people who know !
The way the manual is set up,,,for whatever reason the symantics get confusing,,and i dread losing entire tracks----- !

Thanks  for your patience once again,,,  George [Mr Bud]

PS: So as to not to bother anymore,after i've bounced v2 3-4 onto v3 1-2    the whole of the song is listenable on only on v3 1-2    [until last 2 tracks added..? ]     
Up And Adam

Hook

I might not be understanding you methodology but you have a mix of 4 tracks on 1/2 and now you have 3 & 4 to add in. You now want to bounce your 1st bounce (1/2 v2) with your 2 new tracks onto a stereo track (1/2 or 3/4 v3), you have already panned out your first mix so only pan your new tracks(3 & 4 v2) then your whole tune will be available for playback and mastering! Hope that helps. Can't wait to hear your tune!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

MrBud

Thank you,,and yes that's where i'll be bouncing tracks 34 v2 onto 12 v3  [making all listenable on 12 v3 soley correct ?]
So as i go to bounce mode,top row on right should be the destination tracks [34 v3 ?] or ?   Thanks again,,,, i dare not hit another button till im sure..... thanks.
Up And Adam

Geir

here's a picture I made to visualize bouncing with up to 16 tracks on a MBR. (I may have posted it before but couldn't find it)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

Quote from: MrBud on June 06, 2012, 07:02:56 AMThank you,,and yes that's where i'll be bouncing tracks 34 v2 onto 12 v3  [making all listenable on 12 v3 soley correct ?]

You need to bounce your 1/2v2 & your 3,4 v2 onto 1/2v3 and then yes you can listen to or master the fully mixed track on 1/2 v3.

Quote from: MrBud on June 06, 2012, 07:02:56 AMSo as i go to bounce mode,top row on right should be the destination tracks [34 v3 ?] or ? 
Sounds like it's the same display as my br900 so yes.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

MrBud

Thanks so much for your advice,,,,i've now bounced all--- have great mix [all on v3 [1-4 tracks] and will be using "pop mix"
Next quest;   As i'm looking at it, all v tracks set to v3,giving me exactley what i'm after... Do i then just rewind, hit "mastering" and record..?        If so,,,i'm pretty psyched on turning it into mp3 [or wav] format,,then to my pc,,,then ......?
Thanks so much,if all goes well, "Beautiful Balloons" hits the net tonight !!! [thanks to you and the micro br community...!
Up And Adam