TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

Started by kenny mac, June 04, 2012, 05:05:29 PM

kenny mac

04 TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Written after a night playing in glasgow and witnessing a doorman being confronted by a flirtatious ,drunk woman.

Speed Demon

Hello Ken, and welcome.

I like your song.

Could you provide some info on it, such as instruments, vocals, tracks and what device you used to make your
recording.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

kenny mac

Hi,if my memory serves me correctly'i used a Roland d50 through a proteus into my Roland vs840 as usual. All the string parts I played individually on the keyboard to build up an orchestral feel.

andy casson

Kenny this is a great pop song! Sounds like it was recorded many moons ago? I love the groove, arrangement and whole feel, and thats a cracking voice you have there

great listen
andy

kenny mac

This is of the 1st cd I done and was my very 1st recording on the roland studio(about 1999) was always trying at this time to put a little orchestra feel together by recording string parts one at a time
and building up a more human feel.
The keyboard is touch sensitive so if you hit say a violin note harder on the keys than the time you did before it comes across more life like and not like a sample.
This obviously takes more time but its part of the fun when you sit back and say,wow thats me lol.
Ideally I would like more tracks to play with so might eventually invest in another old roland with more tracks

fenderbender

Nice one kenny
lovely full sound-great vocals too.
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Ted

I love what you did with the strings, and how you did it – one voice at a time. I recently did a stringy thing, and was happy with the results – but it still sounded kind of fake in spite of pretty good string sounds; lacking dynamics. Now I know what to try next time.

Great vocal delivery as well. This is the second song I've discovered here where my ears are expecting a big rock band to come in – and it never does. And I love how it defies that expectation. It feels unresolved, and not everything needs to resolve.

Blackout Bump - week of 2 June, 2012
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

A great Blackout Bump Ted! I'm really enjoying this song. I can only wonder how many hidden treasures there are hiding in here.

Kenny Mac has such a great voice that has THAT commercial sheen to it. It works well in so many genres, but stuff like this is almost custom made for him. And it is as this is his song :D But you get the idea.

Too much of a good thing? This song reminds me of my early playing years. There was this older lady who wanted to get me behind closed doors. She kept whispering in my ear "A penny for your thoughts!" and i was thinking "what a big spender!".
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Trist

Some nice piano sounds and strings on this. liked the dramatic style of the strings, catchy song too, if gave this to a studio could be the next bond theme