the sea of tranquility by jemima's kite.

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 25, 2009, 05:32:31 PM

Flash Harry

It's absolutely nothing to do with me. It's all ORH's lyrics and Tim's inspired writing. I'm just flailing about on the end of a bit of rope tied to the wild mustang that is this songwriting duo. I'm normally about three songs behind.

I am having great fun though. It's challenging to keep up with the production rate but I am having to produce stuff quicker and become more accurate than I am used to. So it's all good.

Tim and Jim are the work of art. I'm the plinth that they stand on.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

mr2kewl

when the three of you guys get together - serious ass kickin tunes is the result.

love the bass licks flash... i'm going to the pick a try.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Flash Harry

You need a really stiff chunk of plastic. Don't use the normal six stringer picks, they just bend and don't put the edge into the string.

They feel quite numb in your hand but you get used to them pretty quickly.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mr2kewl

since i'm a crossover from the guitar world - i don't use a typical bass playing technique, in fact i don't often use a pick for my six string. i tend to have a Wes Montgomery style of playing on both my bass and six string - all thumb.

now i heard what your first thought was "ALL THUMBS"  :D

maybe i'll try using a thick thumb pick that i have leftover from the days when i tried to do some bluegrass.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Oldrottenhead

im sitting on four new jemima's kite songs.  waiting on a combination of mikes bass and tims backing vox, but they are both in hibernation right now. bugger bugger bugger i want people to hear them now!!!!!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wraith

I really like the bass and rythm guitars here! Congratulations!!!

Oldrottenhead

the original version from long long ago http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSlYlG1Z2A

Moderator edit:  fixed the link
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

Yea I agree...This needs to be moved to Original songs

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200