My Dear (Original song)

Started by Bluesberry, January 25, 2009, 04:36:32 PM

Bluesberry

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Wrote a new song this weekend, have a listen, I call it My Dear.  I was playing around with Major7 chords and this is what came out (not a minor chord in sight  :D), a little different sounding than my previous songs.  All done by me on the MBR.  As always, I would really appreciate comments, thanks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

There are some really beautiful chord changes in this (something I always look for  :D), and the song has a lovely, lilting 1970's feel to it. It's a really well written song. Way to go!  :)

Flash Harry

Great song. Great guitar work and I agree with Tim (I'm agreeing with you quite a lot recently Tim) it has a real 70's feel, but still fresh and infinitely listenable.

Grand - as they say in Yorkshire when things receive general approval.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

holdempok

Very very nice song. Totally something I can relate to. If you ever want the vocals redone let me know. It would be a privledge.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Bluesberry

Thanks for the kind words and offer holdempok.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

holdempok

Your Welcome. Just keep practicing. I like laying down double vocals sometimes to me makes something sound better. My wife hates it. she likes to hear only one voice. 2 x me she can't handle. Another thing to try is a fake country voice. Sometimes when I'm reading I read better in a accent of some kind. or try a soft falsetto.

Keep the song coming brother.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 26, 2009, 12:11:44 PM
QuoteIt's a really well written song. Way to go! 
Thank you Greeny, now that really means something comming from such an accomplished songwriter such as yourself.  I write a song and I can't tell if it is any good or shit untill I post it and get feedback from you guys.  Then I go back and listen and hear it differently, funny thing about that.  I really apreciate the feedback.
Thank you Flash for agreeing to be so agreeable.  :D

It's a good song - for definite. And that's why this place is so cool - you can't really judge your own  work objectively by the time you've gone through all the different takes and layers to reach the final version, so it's good to listen (as you say) to what impartial observers think and suggest. I still find it strange how people pick up on certain things, or like certain songs, or just point out things that you'd never have noticed yourself. It's definitely improving all of us though. It takes some courage posting work on here when you first arrive, but it seems to me that everyone who has has just got better and better. I don't know about you, but just knowing someone is going to hear a song on here makes me want to do a good job on it!

xicpanad

Very nice song and i really like your voice. It might lack a little of confidence in it, but the tone is great. Maybe if you put a bit more of reverb into that voice it would sound better in this song. It would make it deeper i think.
Cheers
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

Ferryman

Guitar work is great and the song structure is nice. You know without me having to tell you that the vox don't do the song justice. Here's a suggestion - if you are keen to improve your singing, post a version without vox and get one of the singers here to add them. You could then learn from their interpretation about how to pitch your singing and build on what is a really nice tone.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR