The power of Bacon (true story ... Praise be to bacon ... in all its glory)

Started by Bluesberry, June 01, 2012, 07:30:26 AM

Bluesberry

Well folks, I got to witness first hand the true power of bacon last night (praise to its greasy goodness).  I have been involved in this really big job at work, we were trying to do a hydrotest on a very large system boundary, the gory details are not too interesting, but the Provincial Inspector said it was the largest hydrotest he has ever been part of, and I was the "lead" guy, so much stress and work.  I have been working 13-15 hours night shift for over a month on this stupid job, no days off, dog tired and all that.  Back to the bacon part you say......yes indeed, praise be its salty spirit.  Well, we were trying to get this thing done, and everything kept going wrong, and every time we would have to go back to the beginning and start all over.  It would take days to get set up, and boom, it would go off the rails, and then we would have to spend days to go back to the beginning and then start over.  The level of scrutiny was increasing by the day, senior management was getting anxious, all hope seemed lost......and then the holy power of bacon filled us with its wonderment.......let me explain............

We were on the 4th attempt, and it was going real slow, days and days were going by, pressure was rising, but it just was not going too well again, it looked hopeless.  I went home that morning, and was heading to work last night at 6pm.  I stopped by Burger King, I was in the habit of getting a double cheeseburger everynight as I was driving into work.  I pulled up to the drive-through, ordered a double cheeseburger, paid my money ($ same price I paid every other night) and drove off.  Once I got onto the highway I took a bite..............

...and was immediately filled with the powerful taste of bacon.  Whats this, I thought, bacon.  I looked down at the burger, and sure enough it had bacon on it, bacon that I didn't even pay for.  It was a divine intervention, a holy sacrament, I took another bite, and another.  Immediately I was filled with the holy power of bacon.  My thoughts turned to the job at work..........and I just knew it was going to get finished tonight.  I was certain, as I munched on that bacon.  It was that good.

I get into work, and not 5 minutes in the door I hear an announcement "attention plant personnel, the hydrotest pressure has been achieved".  Whats this, I thought, not really believing my ears.  15 minutes later, as I was settling into my office I hear another announcement: "attention plant personnel, the hydrotest has successfully completed"....................praise be to the power of bacon, I thought.  Bacon, filled my every fiber and radiated out into the world around me, and it was good.  It was because I had bacon on my cheeseburger, the holiest of foods, that the test was finally over.  I was filled with tired, satisfied, glee.  Praise be to the power of bacon.  I can now get off these night shifts, I can go back to my normal life, I can love and worship the wonder that is bacon in my every waking hour, praise be its crispy complexity.

I tried to tell people about my miraculous encounter with the divine bacon, I told all who would listen.  Bacon is the reason that our test is finally over.  The power of bacon is real.  But you know how it goes, they all scoffed and didn't believe.  But I believe, I truly believe.  We were saved by the loving power of crispy golden brown bacon.........on a double cheeseburger.  This story is 100% true, the power of bacon is real, its alive, its all around us.

Go forth, good people, go forth and eat bacon, everyday.  For it is a truly blessed food, the food of the gods.  Blessed be its name..........bacon.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

peterp

All hail the mighty bacon
Praise be to Bacon and a large order of fries!

The revelation: Bacon wrapped fries!

(and beer)
For as bacon is the body, so beer is the blood...

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

launched

Awwwwwww yeah!!! I truly believe, bro - It will go down in history with no dispute. Bacon saved the day!

The wonderful powers of bacon, healing and breathing life into all good things.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Love the bacon - mmmm...bacon.   :)

But hate the Bac-Os...yuck!  >:(

Love the bacon - mmm....bacon. :)

Repeat as necessary.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Rata-tat-tat

recorder
Tascam DP-02

thetworegs

Reg has known about the power of Bacon for a while now .....it's also an aphrodisiac ....Reg and Sizzle use it all the time ....It won't belong now before it's fully commercial ..and found it most sex shops......Dave are you sure your not Homer in disguise?..........
The Bacon Fat Special
thetworegs
Time:
0:00
Volume:

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Facemask93

All this talk of bacon made me eat the biggest bacon sarnie in ages , and on white bread which I never touch , overflowing with tomato sauce & covered in a crust of black pepper , washed down with a nice cup of strong Yorkshire tea , oh , talking about again I think I need a another
Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper