Simple question..

Started by MrBud, May 30, 2012, 06:29:01 PM

MrBud

I'm still new to micro BR,,,managed to record tracks 1-4 all volume/pan/and effects as i like,,,getting ready to bounce on to "12V2"

Is it just go to the start of song and hit play/record....?  And,pans/volume/effects remain as i had set them ?

Any help highly appreciated....

PS: At that point [post bounce], i can freely record on to v1,  without losing bounced tracks ? [as long as i don't record over v2 ..correct ? ] 
So,tracks 1-4 all open to record upon in v1 ...?

Sorry to sound so simplistic,,but it's a little confusing ...and i do not want to screw it up [again !] PS: Yes,did download manual,,,but person to person is easier to understand....Thank you.
Up And Adam

Oldrottenhead

bounce to 12v2 then go back to normal setting and set all four tracks to v2.
tracks 1 and 2 is where your bounce is located, pan those tracks  full left and right for a stereo mix, tracks 3 and 4 are empty so you can add to them. when tracks 3 and 4 are used do same again but to 12v3 etc etc. i have been drinking but if you dont understand i'll say it all again in the morning english sober.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: MrBud on May 30, 2012, 06:29:01 PMIs it just go to the start of song and hit play/record....? 
NO ... well, just be sure you're in bounce mode first !!!! Simultaneously press [EXIT] and
[UTILITY] several times to make the display indicate BOUNCE. Then you're good to go.

QuoteAnd,pans/volume/effects remain as i had set them ?
Indeed they will.
QuotePS: At that point [post bounce], i can freely record on to v1,  without losing bounced tracks ? [as long as i don't record over v2 ..correct ? ] 
So,tracks 1-4 all open to record upon in v1 ...?
You're first four tracks were recorded on V1 ! The bounce you will put on T12V2. Then you should record your next two tracks on T3V2 and T4V2

Hope this helps .... I'll see if I can find a link that describes this better, with some illustrations and all :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Quote from: Geir on May 31, 2012, 01:39:43 AMThe bounce you will put on T12V2. Then you should record your next two tracks on T3V2 and T4V2

Yes, great advice - Make sure you record to your bounce on blank tracks as not to overwrite your previous tracks. Your V1-4 cannot be reused because you might want to rebounce the recorded tracks again after you've recorded everything.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

MrBud

First thank's to all for responding to my questions re: bouncing previously..

I now have very good mix so far,,,have bounced tracks 1-4 v1 onto v2 1-2
then had room to do vocal and bass on 3-4 v2...

So now, to open 2 last tracks [hopefully to finish this] should i move tracks 3-4 v2  to track 1-2 v3 ? or , to tracks 3-4 to v3 ?

Last question,,,that will leave open.... ?   Thanks so very much for your patience.....I promise to post it as soon as i can gather myself after all is done !    George [Mrbud]
Up And Adam