it's jemima's kite by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 25, 2009, 01:46:02 PM

joseph

You guys are off the hook!

Legendary. 8)
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Ferryman

BUMP!

I have never bumped a song before but I think some of the newer folks need to hear this, as with Tim gone (hopefully just for the time being), JK are much less active. This is still my all time favourite Jemima's Kite song. The production is great, the playing is superb, the guitar sounds in particular are awesome, the bass is sublime, and the vox I think are one of ORH's best. But even better is the whole imagery - the lyrics, the band name, everything. And it's a band that came about on this forum.

It's psychedelic pop rock perfection for me.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

A great tune really rockin with those big chords. I might get my les paul out from under the bed :-)
Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Greeny

Ah... happy days!!!! I'll always love this one. Even though it wasn't technically the first song (that honour goes to 'My Sweet Misery'...), it was the first one we wrote properly as a band, and it still excites me to hear it. My son still loves this one too. Thanks for the bump Nigel!

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Sweet Misery is #2 for me. It grew on me, I loved the video that Tim put together as well. I love so much of the other JK stuff but those two tracks are my "most played" JK songs.

Tim, great to see you back, off to listen to your new one later.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

and a bump for  jemima's kite theme tune
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

On this day.

Still makes me want to jump around the room in delight. The same as I felt when I first heard the vocal and bass added.

Ferryman

It made me jump around the room in delight when I heard it, and it still does. When i heard this, I thought "I want to be able to make music like that". A pure gem from start to finish, and great production.

Absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR