it's jemima's kite by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 25, 2009, 01:46:02 PM

Satchwood

Sensational!!  great work!  The hit song from Jemima's Kite for sure!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bosko Schwartz

I'm never a fan of bands who have a song title that is the same as the name of their band, but in this case, I am going to make an exception.  Holy shit, guys!  This sounds like true, professional, serious, signed rock music!  I mean, what the fuck!  This was done on a Micro BR???  This is better than anything I've heard on commercial radio in the last 10 years.  Of course, I no longer listen to commercial radio, but the point is, this could save rock music if it was on the airwaves.  I agree with you, ORH, it sounds like a perfect combo of Cracker and The Small Faces.  You're right, Greeny, it does have a sort of old dirty glam sound, but I still keeping hearing the early 90s thing in your stuff as well.  Who wrote this tune?  The guitar playing is massive.  I love the overall sound and feel of everything, especially the guitars.  I assume, ORH, you're doing the crazy lead work and Greeny is doing most of the rhythm?  And Greeny's singing is right on.  Really a great early Rod Stewart feel, which is awesome.  Flash's bass is solid as a rock, as always.  Everything is so tight, you can barely even tell the drums are programmed, not live.  Just an all-round great and fun song.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 27, 2009, 11:33:27 PMI'm never a fan of bands who have a song title that is the same as the name of their band, but in this case, I am going to make an exception.  Holy shit, guys!  This sounds like true, professional, serious, signed rock music!  I mean, what the fuck!  This was done on a Micro BR???  This is better than anything I've heard on commercial radio in the last 10 years.  Of course, I no longer listen to commercial radio, but the point is, this could save rock music if it was on the airwaves.  I agree with you, ORH, it sounds like a perfect combo of Cracker and The Small Faces.  You're right, Greeny, it does have a sort of old dirty glam sound, but I still keeping hearing the early 90s thing in your stuff as well.  Who wrote this tune?  The guitar playing is massive.  I love the overall sound and feel of everything, especially the guitars.  I assume, ORH, you're doing the crazy lead work and Greeny is doing most of the rhythm?  And Greeny's singing is right on.  Really a great early Rod Stewart feel, which is awesome.  Flash's bass is solid as a rock, as always.  Everything is so tight, you can barely even tell the drums are programmed, not live.  Just an all-round great and fun song.

Wow... thanks! All the guitars are by me, with flash on bass. The drums are all programmed on the BR. ORH is doing the lead vocal, and I'm adding some backing vox. It's pretty weird sometimes that people can't tell orh and I apart vocally in certain songs. Sometimes it even freaks ME out!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIt's pretty weird sometimes that people can't tell orh and I apart vocally in certain songs. Sometimes it even freaks ME out!
even freaks me out especially the backing vox on where do we go from here, which was originally done as a guide for greeny but we left my backing vox on lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Admit it!

You are all really one person! Lol :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAdmit it!

You are all really one person! Lol
sometimes feels like that cos we all seem to be on the same wavelength
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Sorry, I just started listening, so I am not sure who does what in Jemima's Kite.  In that case, good sirs, let me correct my compliments, as they were misdirected.  Oustanding guitar-work all-round, Greeny, and an absolutely superb vocal performance, ORH!!!

Oldrottenhead

and dont forget flash harry on bass and keys
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Flash Harry

The Flash just wants you to buy this great watch.......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.