it's jemima's kite by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 25, 2009, 01:46:02 PM

Ferryman

Indeed, what he said  :D Pretty damn good. I love this one, the others are great as well but "it's jemima's kite" just rocks out with trippy psychedelic rock feel. Great imagery, love the band name, music and concept. Very well done, keep em coming.

My slight niggle - I think the bass and drums are a bit low in this mix. ORH, you said your ears were burnt out, I look forward to a killer remix. Perhaps the one on soundclick is different, but for some reason that won't play for me right now.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Now inquiring minds want to know:

- how many tracks of backing vox are there? It sound like more than two, if it's just two, then good job!

- what guitar sounds did Greeny use? BR? Amp, f/x? They're great!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteNow inquiring minds want to know:

- how many tracks of backing vox are there? It sound like more than two, if it's just two, then good job!
i did the one lead  vocal, and then the pilot voice, not sure how many tim did.
QuoteMy slight niggle - I think the bass and drums are a bit low in this mix.
the version at soundclick is 192kbps so is of better quality, will have a word with the guys and see if we need a remix. but not tonight im burnt out from sunday. i had to reformat my sd card cos so much material was on it, backed everything up but now its finding which bloody folder its all in haha, thats one thing boss could do with the next model, let you name the song
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

holdempok

Quoteburnt out from Sunday

lol was the Lager Stella by any chance?
Why don't we do it on the road?

hardlock

Great work everyone!  Put me down for an album once available!  ;)

James, how did you get the pilot voice?  Talk in a can and mic it or did you use a BR effect?  Good stuff!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Oldrottenhead

QuoteJames, how did you get the pilot voice?
i used a guitar effect on the mbr, sang via the onboard mic but switched it from mic effects  to guitar effects cant remember which one but sure it had crunch in the name
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Can't remember exactly what guitar effects I used for this song. MS Dry and DryCrnch are two that probably got a look in - they're both my favourites for nice crisp power chords and rhythm playing. There are two guitars going on this - my telecaster for the main riffing, and an epiphone les paul gold top for the lead part. Had a lot of fun playing this - it was just a case of cutting loose and thinking about big ringing chords  :)

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 26, 2009, 04:21:29 PMi had to reformat my sd card cos so much material was on it, backed everything up but now its finding which bloody folder its all in haha, thats one thing boss could do with the next model, let you name the song

It already lets you name the song (see page 59 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition), but the song name doesn't change the folder name. However, BR Explorer lists each song name along with its folder name, so it's easy to determine which folder contains the song you're looking for if you've given the song a meaningful name. Also, BR Explorer lets you rename songs using your computer keyboard which, of course, is much easier than using the Micro BR's -/+ buttons. BR Explorer also lets you add a longer descriptive song title, plus any notes about the song that you care to add. The long song title and notes aren't displayed on the Micro BR, but they'll stay with the song even if you copy or move it. So BR Explorer will always display the song title and notes you've added for each song.

If you have backups in which you haven't yet given meaningful names to the songs and you don't know which song is which, use BR Explorer to launch the BR Wave Converter and make a wave file of the final mix tracks. You can then listen to the wave file to determine which song it is and rename the song accordingly in BR Explorer.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on January 27, 2009, 03:08:39 AMCan't remember exactly what guitar effects I used for this song. MS Dry and DryCrnch are two that probably got a look in - they're both my favourites for nice crisp power chords and rhythm playing. There are two guitars going on this - my telecaster for the main riffing, and an epiphone les paul gold top for the lead part. Had a lot of fun playing this - it was just a case of cutting loose and thinking about big ringing chords  :)

And jolly nice they are too! Well done, I really like what you've done with the guys on this one. The other jemima's kite stuff is really good but this one really grabs me. Up there with Pain In The Neck IMO. I've been listening to some other stuff on Soundclick and while there's some good stuff there, what grabs me about your stuff is the "punchy" quality of the recordings. A lot of that is your playing and style but I continue to be impressed by the brightness and clarity of BR as a recording machine.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 27, 2009, 09:59:23 AMI continue to be impressed by the brightness and clarity of BR as a recording machine.

I'm amazed every time (...you'd have thought I was used to it now!) at the quality of tone you get through this little box. Considering it relies on digital recording and modelled tones, it's pretty natural-sounding to my ears (I haven't played a valve-driven Marshall stack at full whack though... :D ).

I think the Boss modelled tones are excellent in their own right. It's probably a benefit we take for granted sometimes, but they definitely know their stuff when it comes to tones and effects (...albeit with too much of a bias towards 'metal' tones in the BR, IMO).