432Hz v 440Hz Tuning?

Started by Burtog, May 29, 2012, 03:02:47 PM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on May 30, 2012, 12:46:29 PMJust listen to the earth BB ;D

or set your tuner to 432 instead of 440 :D
I am off to try it, first I'm going outside and laying my left ear on the ground, then my right, then I am going to get up close to the biggest tree in my yard, really get up close, hug that bad boy with my ear on the bark, then I have a big ol' rock in the back, yeah, thats the original rock and roll, straight from the source, then.........well, this is going to be quite an experiment, I love the earth man, love it........where is my guitar..........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

The conspiracy continues........I went to my tuner....and it only lets me go down to 433....I can't get to 432!!!!!!!! it must be a Nazi built tuner...........damn those Nazi shape-shifting albino lizard bitches..........they are on to my attempts to free my mind.........I must get the tinfoil hat out before it too late.........damn the rabbit hole goes deep.....

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 30, 2012, 01:09:42 PMThe conspiracy continues........I went to my tuner....and it only lets me go down to 433
Even BOSS is in on it, MBR, MBR80 and BR800 all just go down to 435  :o :o :o
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

if you add up all the current model releases by boss then subtract the letters (having first changed the letters to their numerical equivalant uno a = 1. b = 2 etc) and then tap that number into any boss br at the same tempo as the water drips from my tap in the kitchen, the resulting recording is 4.33 long.

yup they are all out to get us.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

So, you tune your guitar down to A=432 Hz. No problem if you have a tuner that allows you to change the reference frequency. Now you record a guitar track or two and some vocals. It sounds great but something's missing. You say, "I know what this song needs. Some harmonica!"  Hmmm.... bit of a problem there. How do you tune your harmonica to A=432 Hz? Not all instruments are as easily tuned as a guitar. Some can't be tuned at all. Their frequencies are fixed at the time of manufacture. If you just want to play guitar and sing, then A=432 Hz is fine. But if you want to record other instruments too, then I'd stick with A=440 Hz. We have standards for a reason.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 30, 2012, 01:40:47 PMthe resulting recording is 4.33 long.
4.33 what???? seconds, minutes, inches, millimeters, kilograms, cans of ale, I need to know........its deeper than I thought........time to go hide in a cave for a while.........

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

and who defined the second ....  ??? and was the second exactly a second on Stradivarius' time ??? and to be serious, even if 432 was the frequency Strdivarius optimized his violins for, doesn't modern instrument manufacturers optimize for 440 ??? if there is such a thing as optimizing for one particular frequencey (and it's harmonics yeah yeah ... ) at all !!

And I agree it can be ok to tune down a guitar, but stick to the whole semitones, so an A440 still is an A tho on another fret. Especially if you're in a hair-metal coverband, tuning down can be very adviseable ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

Quote4.33 what?
it just said 4.33 on my mbr screen nothing else 4.33 then card read error.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

just noticed the file is 4.33mb

am away tae the pub.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

MIND.........BLOWN............

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand