Could It Be (Original by Rata-tat-tat)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 28, 2012, 04:30:25 AM

Rata-tat-tat

QuoteI was listening, grooving hard, loving this, and immediately thought of Mark, this is so Launched-i-fied  a groove that I thought it was a coolab between you and Mark.  

BB you nail'd it... Mark doesn't know this yet, but.... Yes this is definately and 100% certifiably Launch inspired. I also remember... (Which is amazing in itself)... a thread where Tony W was talking about his trip to visit (MET) and the techniques that Mark used for recording... I applied some of this principle and often would ask myself...sometiimes out loud... What would Mark do here???... Hmmmm an off beat quirky guitar strum... a trippy bass run... Sound familiar Mark... The song really wrote itself using this approach... I just tried to add some lyrics that were also a kind of off the cuff (Train of Thought) and fit the vibe of the song... which was another method that my bass playin brother used...

As far as the AC reference... "That's High Praise"....But I still think Mark's better....

So you see... it really is the community that inspires. This is no bullshit...Mark...your a true gem here buddy... your songs often leave me wishing I could've wrote that!!! Hope this even came close.

Vann... I aint gonna change it now... but that was just me being lazy and not trimming LOL... Not intentional at all....But I see what ya mean gives it a live type of feeling.... Now get yer ass back here with a song my friend...

Eric I'm hanging up a Wav for ya now!!!

Thanks again fellow songcrafters... I put the drum track in collabs...here

recorder
Tascam DP-02

andy casson

Blimey Todd this is bloody superb! What a cracking song! Love everything about it, but you vocals really stand out for me! Flaming heck this is a work of genius! Wonderful listen!

andy

launched

Talk about someone that provides inspiration - That is you, bro! Thanks for the nod, and you are definitely the cream of the crop in my book - I absolutely love everything you do. A true rocker for sure!

You are the man!!!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Love this...and really like the twists and turns it takes along the way.

At first I thought the vocals were too low in the mix, but the more I listened to it the more I realised that they were perfect!

Just learning myself how to record drums on the MBR, and this is the standard I need to get to.

Superb song!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

this is as good as bacon !

SC can well deserved !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SwanSong

Another fine example of ur superb composing well executed
nice production . enjoyed as always cheers NEIL.!

Nelson

My OH My, Tod.

You are seriously kicking some ass on this one.
Love the lyrics, vocals, bass, drums, well everything.
Damn it man.
U Rock
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mojo1961

Man you come up with the coolest stuff. Doing this on that 6/8 beat is groovin.

Martin

recorder
Boss BR-600