wooden aeroplanes

Started by kenny mac, May 24, 2012, 07:29:44 PM

kenny mac

01 WOODEN AEROPLANES
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this song as a tribute to my late father,as  a child one of my fondest memories I have of him is the day he came home from a long day in the factory,went straght into his little work area in the house and built two wooden aeroplanes for my brother and myself.
When I listen back to it now its like someone else is playing it because I worked the keyboards into this orchestra by sound on sound and playing the notes individually to give it a more real violin feel etc in parts.

kenny mac

stoman

Great vocals and composition. I hear a lot of 80s influences in this song. Simple Minds spring to mind. Your father would have been proud - this is a very nice tribute.

Regards,
  Steffen

Geir

Very nice indeed!

Well done Kenny.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

Like it a lot, thought similar to stoman with the 80's vibe/simple minds but thats a good thing.

Loved the harmonica on the end section.
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

That synth is crazy, love it! Wicked songwriting, and a cool performance all around!

Sweeeeet!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Excellent, great inspiration for a song and really liked the composition. Definitely a real 80s vibe but as that is my fave musical era, I loved it. Hints of Simple Minds, Associates in there for me. I really liked the harmonica (well it could be a keyboard I guess), it creates a nice melody line.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Thanks f. :)or the comments,it is a harmonica,I did do a stripped down version that I may post that was mostly harmonica

Hook

Excellent tune, I did feel like I was in the montage scene of Pretty in Pink, but I always kinda related to Duckie.
Very nice listen!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely