Pigeon Cross Check

Started by beleg, May 23, 2012, 08:04:51 AM

beleg

Pigeon cross check
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A friend of mine and I have this game where, just before we get on a plane, we give each other a random word and the challenge is to write a song using that word as inspiration before the plan lands. Usually I do some sort of thumb jam, but in this case the flight was delayed by 45 mins and they would not let us get on the plane. Luckily I had my ukulele with me and scratched this out. Recorded the uke and ambient sounds while in the airport and then mixed/arranged and added some other instruments during the flight. The random word for this flight was "pigeon".

Redler

That was a fine idea and very creative! I love the contrast between music and backround (airport) noise. The tune is beautiful and relaxing. I enjoyed the listening!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

This is fantistacticularly rocktamastic! Guerrilla recording to the extreme! What did you record on??? The noise is so perfect, the uke and additions are stellar, I'm so blown away! I love it, I love it, I love it!
Rock on!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

Brilliant, great guerilla recording and you use the ambient sounds very well, a bit like our old buddy TomH. I love the effects at the end and the way you weave in the stewardess annoncement.

Superb, although I have to say I didn't actually hear the word pigeon - did I miss it....?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Oh yeah ! I love it !!!

This is what I love about new technology, you can make fabulous recordings like this wherever you are when the inspiration comes along !

Great work Beleg !!!

G
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

beleg

Hook,
        Thank you. I recorded everything using my iphone and the garageband for the iphone app.

Ferryman,
          I did not use the word pigeon in the song, instead I used the idea of a pigeon for inspiration. I started thinking about how, to me, pigeons always look like they are in a waiting room, pacing back in forth, making small talk and waiting for something to happen (kind of like when you are in an airport waiting to board your plane). I tried to picture what the background music would sound like in that waiting room. 

SE

Love.in the uke, just so portable, you,ve recorded a really nice sound, love when it,s doubled tracked about 1.50.
The airport backround really adds to the overall sound really enjoyed it. I,m still working on one of your tracks hope to get back to you soon.
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

I really dug the ambient sounds and the very intricate and confident uke playing in the waiting area! Everything works perfectly - hat's off to yah!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hook

OTD bump! I listen to this all the time, love it!!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely