Probably really stupid newbie question about converting MBR tracks!

Started by bradyqs, May 22, 2012, 05:23:42 AM

bradyqs

Ok, So I recorded our band in the studio with the MBR and the boss setero mic attached onto tracks 1&2.
Having read through the manual I realise that I need to convert these into MP3 and WAV before I can export them to my computer for listening to.
Can I convert 2 tracks together? or must I convert each indivdually? OR do I bounce both tracks onto another track and then convert that track?
This might seem like a stupid question but I'm finding it difficult to get to grips with this, also I can't seem to do a search on the forum to see if any previous topic covers this. Any help gratefully accepted.

Flash Harry

Hello Bradyqs,

You can use the BR Wave Converter software to copy the tracks to your PC - it's a really useful tool. It's downloadable from here: http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-800&id=62121892

To export the WAV or MP3, you have to master the tracks to two new tracks and then following that you get an option to export to MP3/WAV.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

So you decided on the BOSS stereo mic? How do you like it, does it work well recording your band live? Would be cool to hear it ;)

There is a lot of info on this site on using the MBR (but can be hard to find it sometimes). Here's a link to a VERY short guide on mastering I wrote once:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=14236.msg179422#msg179422

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bradyqs

Thanks FH. I found the info on the Wave software just after I posted. Typical! I'll have a rattle at it before the end of the week hopefully.
Geir, I'll report back on the mic's quality after I manage to turn my recording into something that I can burn on a CD or listen to on my ipod.
I had been watching a few mics on ebay and this one had a great buy it now price. Turns out I was actually buying it from Roland UK. They have an outlet store on ebay for selling odd bits of discontinued equipment.