liked it a lot, especially the evocative lyrics
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I only just got around to listening to this now. Wow! This is fantastic, Geir. You sound like Jeff Beck. This tune would not be out of place amongst his "Nadia", Bulgaria", and "Where Were You". Your whammy bar technique is astounding and that guitar tone is gorgeous and emotive. There's also some nice David Gilmour bluesiness in there. This is a guitar masterpiece to be proud of. Well done!

Which guitar did you use for this? And how'd you get that amazing tone? Is it a mic'd amp or a BR model?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 11, 2012, 10:22:20 AMWOW......I am going to listen to this one a lot...........

'bout sums it up. Amazing and yes, old Mr Beck better watch his back.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

andy casson

Oh my Geir this is stunning guitar playing! I am speechless...

wonderful
andy

Geir

Thank you kindly dear friends !!

Your kind words mean a lot to me !

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 21, 2012, 08:07:15 PM.....Which guitar did you use for this? And how'd you get that amazing tone? Is it a mic'd amp or a BR model?
I used my Ibanez UV777 for this one (tho I never used the seventh ... or even the sixth string here :) ). I tried yesterday to figure out which patch I used, but had obviously put down the bass guitar after the guitar so the MBR80 didn't "remember" either. I did however use a BR model , most likely a tweaked version of one of the "Liverpool" patches (I'm rather fond of those for some reason ::) ) I think it might have been "P28 VO DRIVE" to which I just added a tap-delay. I like to think tho, that much of the tone comes from the playing technique. Yes I've obviously been influenced by mr Beck on this one, partly in the whammy (ab)use technique, playing some of the notes with the whammy rather than fretting the excact note, but also by not using a pick. Now Mr Beck mostly uses his thumb, but I find that hard and uses whatever finger is closest to the string I want to pay. I do think the finger picking which I think resembles the way you do it when "chicken picking" has much to to with the tone.

I'll make a note to myself to save the patches I use, and make more notes on what patches I use on different tracks !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Thanks for the info, Geir.

Quote from: Geir on May 23, 2012, 02:30:26 AMI'll make a note to myself to save the patches I use, and make more notes on what patches I use on different tracks !!!

What I try to do is always save my patches as Song patches, even if I don't change the presets. That way, I can come back to the song in the future and see what patches I used. To separate your saved patches from the other Song patches (which are just copies of the presets) you can give the patch after your last saved patch a unique name such as "--------" so it acts as a divider. Then when you look at the effects list for your song in BR Explorer, you'll see something like this:

At a glance, I can see that the effects patches I used in this song are "AcstSolo", "ClnTubes", and "GtPad". The current version of BR Explorer doesn't show me whether I changed those patches or not. For that, I'd have to edit them on the BR. But at least the Song Bank patch list provides a record of what patches I used in the song. Without that record, I would soon forget which patches I used.

I also try to remember to use the "Notes" feature of BR Explorer to keep a record of which patches I used on each track. By using BR Explorer in this way, all of my notes stay with the song data instead of on a piece of paper which I'd most likely lose.

It's a good system but only works if you adhere to it. Unfortunately, in my haste to finish a song and get it posted, I often forget to document it. But I'm trying.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

OTD, such brilliant playing, very Marc Ribot.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely