"Down Here for the Night" by 64Guitars and oldrottenhead

Started by 64Guitars, April 29, 2012, 11:55:50 AM

Just new I was going to enjoy this. More would also be good, any chance??
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

'bout time you stepped up to the plate, bro! A solid recording, the guitars are crispy and light. And nice licks, too - I get a Gilmourish type sound in places, very tough to realize something like that.

And well done on the vocals, Jim - Nice "after hours" sound ;D

What else you got in that 864 - Bring it on!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 30, 2012, 06:54:59 AMi was a bit hungover which greatly influenced the subject matter, if i had come to it later in the day and refreshed it would have probably come back to you as a twee lovesong. ;D ;D ;D

Well I'm glad I sent it when I did then because I really like the lyrics.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dobrodaddy

Excellent collab!  Like the groove in the instrumentation a lot.  James's vox just impresses me more and more....   It's great to have new life breathed into an old song that's been sitting around, eh 64?  What a treat!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

bruno

Really great little collab. Very nice guys - enjoyed the lyrics as well as the music. Reminds me a bit of when Sting goes C&W - I could imagine him singing this, not sure why, but have that stuck in my head  :)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

Out of the blue! Absolutely superb. Presicison playing by 64G as expected and a nice acoustic hook, and great words and pipes  from James. Brilliant.

And under 2! (well under 2)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 30, 2012, 02:32:01 PMPresicison playing by 64G as expected and a nice acoustic hook

Thanks. I forgot to mention that no acoustic guitars were used in this recording. Everything is my Godin xtSA solidbody. It doesn't sound as good as the great acoustic guitars that some of our members record with (Bluesberry, Greeny, facemask93, and others) but, for a solidbody, I think it produces a pretty good acoustic sound with its piezo bridge transducers and the BR-864's acoustic processor effect.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

I should have known, I have the Solidac with piezo bridge output.

Funny how you forget, nevertheless it's still brilliant!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gnasty

Wow this is a really great song!! Nice music 64. You`ve done a lot of different things on here.
I love that slide. It has some Country flavor in there too. Excellent!!..The words are amazing ORH!
Everything fits like a glove!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Kenny B

Excellent!!!  Dig those guitars!!!

Like the arrangement and Jim's Lyrics/Vox are perfect as usual.

Post more please ...  Great tune!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR