Important notice for SkyDrive users

Started by 64Guitars, April 24, 2012, 09:01:52 PM

64Guitars

SkyDrive has reduced their free space from 25GB to 7GB. But, for a limited time, existing SkyDrive users can keep their free 25GB of storage space if they click on the link at the top of the page that says "SkyDrive's free storage is changing - claim your free 25GB".

I don't know how long this offer is available for, so if you have a SkyDrive account, login to it now and claim your free 25GB, before it's too late.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

as an existing skydrive user i went to check immediately but i dont get that message but there is an add for skydrive applications. uno sync skydrive with your phone pc etc.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 25, 2012, 12:14:02 AMas an existing skydrive user i went to check immediately but i dont get that message but there is an add for skydrive applications. uno sync skydrive with your phone pc etc.

You have to go to the SkyDrive web site and login to your account.

http://skydrive.live.com/

If the free 25GB message doesn't appear, try reloading the page (Ctrl-Shift-R in Firefox) or logout then log back in again.

Also, try this link:  https://skydrive.live.com/ManageStorage.  It goes to a page that shows the available storage plans. The first one should be the free 25GB option and it should have a button to the right of it that says "Free upgrade!".

Notice at the top of the page that it says "Your storage: 7.0 GB free of 7 GB". If it says instead "Your storage: 'x' GB free of 25 GB", then you already have the free upgrade so there will be no "Free upgrade!" button. According to this page, if you were already using close to 7 GB, Microsoft would update your account to 25 GB automatically.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website