Happy St George's Day

Started by 64Guitars, April 22, 2012, 11:06:47 PM

AndyR

Quote from: Greeny on April 23, 2012, 04:32:22 AM
Quote from: henwrench on April 23, 2012, 04:21:56 AM
Quote from: Greeny on April 23, 2012, 03:11:22 AMI watched the epic two-part Scorcese documentary about him recently. He didn't come out of it particuarly well. So if anyone wants their rose-tinted view of George kept intact, don't watch it!

??? I must admit, I didn't pick up on that....

henwrench

The selfish, serial womanizing part! And openly seducing Ringo's wife. I'd always thought Clapton was a real arsehole for running off with his best mate's wife (Patti), but after what George was getting up to, I don't blame her!

Nothing musically related of course.

Funnily enough, the most horrifying / tragic part was the little clip - on the Let it Be or Abbey Road sessions I think - when Macca is telling George what he should be playing on guitar (like a total control freak). And the look of utter depair and humiliated anger on George's face. I wanted to punch Paul on his behalf.

It's strange, I watched most of one half of the Scorcese thing... and came away with a lot higher opinion of Mr Harrison (as a person) than I had before I saw it :D

The stuff I watched didn't have the Let it Be rehearsal footage in it, but I've seen great chunks of it before. And funnily enough, assuming it's the same stuff, it was Harrison I wanted to punch... it made me so angry I almost cried - it probably kind of depends on how the footage is being presented, I guess... I think I saw it as part of the hoo-ha when the Anthology stuff came out - so I assume that both parties were happy that it was made public. But based on this, and other reported things (how he treated sound engineers, etc), I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in a band with Harrison at the time! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1