"It was before" a baterpruf original

Started by baterpruf, April 20, 2012, 03:43:21 PM

baterpruf

Hi everybody, I've been recording a quite fast and quite hard song about friendship that comes to an end.
All done with the electric guitar and the BR80, bass with the bass simulator. Oh, and drums programmed in Hydrogen. I don't like my voice very much so I recorded two times, the second one with a octave higher effect. Interesting solo, don't miss it.
I hope I didn't make many vocabulary or grammar mistakes, english is not my language.
I didn't do any mixing or mastering, just adjusting levels a bit, so there's room for improvement, maybe I'll release another if I get it better. Advices are wellcome.

Those friendly glances
Where did they go?
The air was charming
It was before

We used to be one
we used to enjoy
This thing was working
it was before

Don't mean perfection but
it was so close...
No room for doubts here
it was before

We gave for granted,
a mutual love
We had a future,
it was before

Too late for me and you
don't think we can get through
Too late for you and I
just wiped you out of sight

I guess our fate was
a glass we broke
it seemed half full then
it was before

The wind is changing
it's getting cold
I miss those old times
but we were wrong

Don't mean perfection but
it was so close...
No room for doubts here
it was before

We gave for granted,
a mutual love
We had a future,
it was before

Too late for me and you
Too late for you and I
Too late for me and you
Too late for you and I

Time:
0:00
Volume:

BR-80

Hook

smokin' hot brother! Great hard rockin tune, love the solo, love your voice, sounds good to these ears!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Good stuff - some nice guitar sounds here and some nice playing as well.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

phantasm777

for some reason i can't get it to play.

Farrell Jackson

This is a fast paced song but you held it together very well. Nice playing and structure. Nothing wrong with your vocals at all. My only advice is that the bass is a bit loud and boomy but that's about it...you rock!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Real good music, baterpruf!! Great vocals as well and well written song with nice tempo changes!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Enjoyed the song a lot and your guitar playing is excellent, great sounds and I agree with Kari, the tempo changes are great. Your vox aren't at all bad either, definite potential there - doubling them up was a great idea. I like the solo, especially the harmony part.

My main comments are all to do with the sound and the mixing. The bass is a bit too loud and boomy and dominates the mix too much for me. I would also suggest you double the rhythm guitars or use a stereo effect, as it sounds a bit one dimensional with one track. There's a lot you can do with the BR80 and if you can learn the to use the power inside that little box, you will be able to showcase your excellent songwriting and guitar playing to even better effect.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Excellent song !! WOW !! Some really great guitarwork and the vocals ain't bad either !

I agree with Nigel (now how many times have I said that :D) .. double the rhythm guitar and pan the two parts out (or copy the one track to another track slightly timeshifted (00.00.00.07 I think is what I've used before) and pan them hard left/right, but the best is to play it twice!)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

fab post baterpruf some nice licks and a great song. i am listenng on a laptop and getting a bit of distortion but that could be the laptop speakers. if this is you just starting out with your br80 then  bravo. once you start to get comfortable with using it i forsee some great things from you. i will be looking out for your future posts.

and by the way your english is better than mine  ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann