"Confusion's Rules" a Hook original w/ Rata-Tat-Tat

Started by Hook, April 19, 2012, 09:37:00 PM

Hook

Confusion's Rules
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one was done in my car with the 004, vocals through the ps-o2 built in mic w/vocal effect. The drum track is RTT's jungle drum track which I sped up in audacity to the tempo I needed. Thanks for these great tracks RTT, they are very inspiring and add so much to the tunes! I started this Tues and wrote the bass part but the intonation has been getting bad on my bass and the track I recorded Tues. was unacceptable, so I took it in to a small, local shop and had it set up w/ new strings. $50, worth every penny, now I have to go back and re-record a few bass parts! Mixed on audacity, still getting used to it so please let me know what you think of the mix.
5 total tracks
2 clean uke tracks-  w/pickup & through 004's on board mic(not bad) simultaneously
1- bass, clean straight into the 004
1- drum track (RTT)
1- vocal

"Confusion's Rules"
written by Hook
performed by Rata-Tat-Tat & Hook

Rogue baritone Ukulele, Peavy Mielstone 3 bass
When will you come?
How will I know for sure?

Confusion sets the rules
   & I for 1 always try to follow the rules
   Wait maybe that's you
   A Team to compliment
   A foundation to cement
   The future is the prize
   But are we really sure of the next sunrise

Why is the question I ask most of the time
Who is most likely the question you will point me to

Confusion sets the rule
   I bent & broke every rule
   Cursed & drank, smoked to be cool
   A foundation of selfishness
   I couldn't find a team with I in it
   I might be the last to be picked
   But I'm the only one worth a shit

Confusion sets the rules
   & someone must interpret the rules
   My vote is not for you
   A foundation made of glass
   A team of shards, stained by the past
   The game we play today  might be our last

When will you come?
& how will I know for sure?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SE

Mighty fine track, first off, really nice vox and lyrics, but love,in the uke sound and bass really works for me, great stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Nice tune with Rata's drums Hook! The uke and bass rock, especially when they are playing the unison riffs. The vocal sounds different than your normal sound....not bad just more ambient room sound...or car sound that is, lol. What is the vocal effect on the PS2?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Rata-tat-tat

Hell yeah Hook... Super kewl tune!!! Love the lyric... and that UKE is killer!!! That was the perfect fit for that drum track. Thanks bro!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Thanks for listening, I listened in my car this morning and I'm pretty happy with it. The limitations of the 004 are very evident but limitations can be positive. I haven't crossed over machines yet but I assume the next step is to attempt more ambitious/time inclusive projects and transfer tracks back and forth 004- to br, right know I'm pretty fixated on the idea of starting and finishing each project on it's machine of origin!

RTT- I'm glad you liked it brother!

Farrell- The effect is VO-BLD  #22 I think. They're aren't many choices for usable vocal patches on ps-02 but a few are better than none. The one I like the best and have mostly used on the past few recodings is the VO-ECH #20 but it really does the "S" sound horribly and I'm getting very frustrated with that. I've been trying to hold the ps-02 different ways/distances and I'm trying to think of a way to devise a practical pop screen. I thought when I uploaded the updates from the zoom site I would have 14 more choices but they didn't show up! ??? I have no idea how to add reverb on audacity, I tried the Gverb but that was horrible & confusing as to how to set it, I'm kinda stupid sometimes and I really like pre-sets(shoulda waited for the mbr!).  My goal is usually to record the sound I want and do very little to it other than mix and master. With these 004 tracks they technically aren't getting mastered, I imagine that's another great way to cross over the machines, well see..

Thanks again for listening to the product of my wasted time!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Nice Hook, very nice. So laid-back, must be the FL sunshine :) Its grey, cold and very wet in the UK :( The Uke sounds really sweet on this recording, its really cuts through the mix well.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tony H

Nice one hook. Simple and laid back as previously mentioned.
Tony

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

You got it with this one Hook.  That bass is so darn delicious.  Complete and perfect.  you have reached a level of perfection with this song.  A Hook masterpiece..........yes.  Each part, each thing, each piece is in the right place.  I just realized there is no guitar, fantastic use of the uke here.  Well done.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Been listening to this one all last week while away for work. Great songwriting, great mix, great playing, it's all so good!!! And another fine meld with Rat's drummy drums!

Well done bro, it's awesome!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover