Smartypants

Started by 64Guitars, April 13, 2012, 02:21:02 PM

64Guitars

"A four-year-old girl from Hampshire has been accepted into Mensa with an IQ just one point below Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17702463

and...

"In 2009, Oscar Wrigley, aged two and a half at the time, from Reading in Berkshire became the youngest ever child to join Mensa with an IQ of 160."

(160 is the same IQ as Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking!)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

a recent study showed that people who are right wing politically uno tea party conservatives et al are dumb as dirt. and the more literate or educated you are the less likely you are to be a racist knumbnut.
 http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/05/daily-mail-calls-rightwingers-stupid

in the response to this study, a right wing british rag started a discussion challenging this theory, in the thread a gentleman of the conservative persuasion said the study must be wrong as he had an iq of 200  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

QuoteNot all the respondents were stupid. Some were merely deluded. Someone calling themselves "Hillside" from Sydney claimed: "I have an IQ over 200, have six degrees and diplomas and am 'right-wing', as are others I know at this higher level of intelligence." His IQ score is particularly impressive considering the maximum possible score on Mensa's preferred IQ test is 161.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

IQ?   I thought you always had to follow Q with a U?  IQu?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Quote from: Hook on April 13, 2012, 08:53:14 PMIQ?   I thought you always had to follow Q with a U?  IQu?

Unless you live in Qatar.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 15, 2012, 12:48:50 PM
Quote from: Hook on April 13, 2012, 08:53:14 PMIQ?   I thought you always had to follow Q with a U?  IQu?

Unless you live in Qatar.....

Now that's clever Flash!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

IanR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 13, 2012, 03:33:05 PMa recent study showed that people who are right wing politically uno tea party conservatives et al are dumb as dirt. and the more literate or educated you are the less likely you are to be a racist knumbnut.
 http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/05/daily-mail-calls-rightwingers-stupid

in the response to this study, a right wing british rag started a discussion challenging this theory, in the thread a gentleman of the conservative persuasion said the study must be wrong as he had an iq of 200  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

QuoteNot all the respondents were stupid. Some were merely deluded. Someone calling themselves "Hillside" from Sydney claimed: "I have an IQ over 200, have six degrees and diplomas and am 'right-wing', as are others I know at this higher level of intelligence." His IQ score is particularly impressive considering the maximum possible score on Mensa's preferred IQ test is 161.

This reminds me that we should point out (again) that over 70% of the "facts" and "statistics" that you pick up from the Internet are made up.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Research shows that 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

There are 10 different types of people:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 13, 2012, 02:21:02 PM"A four-year-old girl from Hampshire has been accepted into Mensa with an IQ just one point below Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17702463

and...

"In 2009, Oscar Wrigley, aged two and a half at the time, from Reading in Berkshire became the youngest ever child to join Mensa with an IQ of 160."

(160 is the same IQ as Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking!)

I too am from Hampshire and my IQ is 1 off Stephen Hawking's . . . mine's 60.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça