What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Ted

Quote from: OsCKilO on May 10, 2010, 05:22:47 AMOld Crow Medicine Show, Wagon Wheel video.

I wonder how that casting call read.

"Wanted: Actresses for music video.  No dancing ability necessary, but must be able to portray anemic-looking dust-bowl skanks."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

I'll be investigating this band further. I love this song! Kind of like Ryan Adams with a bit more of a rootsy edge.

Greeny

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on May 12, 2010, 04:03:51 AMDonald Fagen - New Frontier. One of my favourite songs ever.

YouTube says "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". I've never told YouTube or WMG (whoever they are) what country I live in and I resent them blocking videos based on where they think I might live. They don't know! So, for anyone else who's being unfairly blocked, here's the video from another source:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

over 15,000 views and counting..... wow!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

At 2:39, this song has one of my favorite guitar solos ever:

Hugh Masekela, Strawberries
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Strawberries/2BJacN
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Gritter

Quote from: Ted on May 12, 2010, 10:44:45 PMAt 2:39, this song has one of my favorite guitar solos ever:

Hugh Masekela, Strawberries
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Strawberries/2BJacN

Fricken cool Ted...I like your taste in solos. Hugh Masekela has such a freshness to his music...like an orchard or garden just beginning to grow...that trumpet always says "I'm Hugh and I'm here to make you feel good again...no worries at all." I saw him in Montreal in 1988 with Paul Simon's Graceland tour. What a show that was. Thanks for sharing this post. That solo was a nice surprise...understated and beautiful.

Here's one of my favorite guitar solos at 1:12.
Miss Gradenko:
solo by Andy Summers
written by Stewart Copeland
sung by the bass player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FGPZkVBdGg

Ted

Quote from: Gritter on May 13, 2010, 11:37:23 AMMiss Gradenko

That sure foreshadows Andy Summers' collaborations with Robert Fripp.

Speaking of that: Yesterday The Other Way Of Stopping passed through my shuffle, and gave me a big energy boost.  Without looking, I couldn't remember whether it was The Police or something from I Advanced Mask.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Gritter

I love that one too Ted...It seems Andy and Stewart always shined a little brighter and played a little more outside the box on each others' tunes. I saw Andy live about 10 years ago. Great show and such a personable and funny guy. He was always the coolest one in the Police.

Ted

I never pass a chance to brag about seeing The Police on their first USA tour, for free, at the Arizona State Fair in 1980.  The opening act was XTC.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac