What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

cuthbert

Cool song Robyn Hitchcock song, James - I'm ashamed to say I don't have his latest, so if this is from there, I'll be getting it soon. The woodwind sounds at the beginning remind me of Roxy Music.

cheers,
cuthbert
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

ive got the new cd "propellor time" on repeat play its as good as any of the venus 3 albums. tho the first is still my fave.it doesnt seem that long ago since goodnight oslo came out, he certainly is prolific.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 07, 2010, 11:21:54 AMive got the new cd "propellor time" on repeat play its as good as any of the venus 3 albums. tho the first is still my fave.it doesnt seem that long ago since goodnight oslo came out, he certainly is prolific.

He's the best...more people deserve to know his music...I will be picking up this one soon to add to my RH library (It must be at around 30 CDs and he has many more). Prolific is an understatement when it comes to Robyn!

Ted

Quote from: Gritter on April 07, 2010, 12:22:35 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 07, 2010, 11:21:54 AMive got the new cd "propellor time" on repeat play its as good as any of the venus 3 albums. tho the first is still my fave.it doesnt seem that long ago since goodnight oslo came out, he certainly is prolific.

He's the best...more people deserve to know his music...I will be picking up this one soon to add to my RH library (It must be at around 30 CDs and he has many more). Prolific is an understatement when it comes to Robyn!

That's a really good song. RH has always seemed like an artist I really should like, so I bought Uncorrected Personality Traits (the best-of CD), and I only liked a couple of songs.  Maybe a best-of wasn't the right place to start.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Gritter

QuoteThat's a really good song. RH has always seemed like an artist I really should like, so I bought Uncorrected Personality Traits (the best-of CD), and I only liked a couple of songs.  Maybe a best-of wasn't the right place to start.

That's a collection of a certain period of his career on a certain label.

I suggest the following. You may like these more:

Globe of Frogs
I Often Dream of Trains
Moss Elixir
Spooked
Goodnight Oslo
Jewels For Sophia
Invisible Hitchcock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdF7wAzFts

Ted

Quote from: Gritter on April 07, 2010, 05:20:06 PM
QuoteThat's a really good song. RH has always seemed like an artist I really should like, so I bought Uncorrected Personality Traits (the best-of CD), and I only liked a couple of songs.  Maybe a best-of wasn't the right place to start.

That's a collection of a certain period of his career on a certain label.

That explains it.  Thanks for the recommendations. I actually have a brick-and-mortar record store in my little city.  I'll go shopping for some Hitchcock.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

I'm listening to The Bears!

A great Beatles-influenced pop band with hints of the avant garde, and featuring Adrian Belew.

Greeny, you really must check them out.  There's not much on YouTube, but I found this:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

IanR

I'm off to see/hear this bloke tonight with my missus.  He's playing at the Palais, which is a large ish theatre style venue.

He's a bit popular here in Australia but most people say "who?" when I've told them I'm going to see him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwQ6blG3j4

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on April 07, 2010, 06:22:03 PMI'm listening to The Bears!

A great Beatles-influenced pop band with hints of the avant garde, and featuring Adrian Belew.

Thanks for the heads up Ted, Belew is one of my fave guitar players (along with Fripp and Manzanera) and I wasn't aware of this side project. Will check them out.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Thanks for the RH posts - I need to listen to more of his stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR