What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Geir

Quote from: Justin_Case on October 14, 2009, 08:13:10 PMenjoying a little Phil / Thin Lizzy...

Ahhh that's my kinda music !!!!!!!!!! Whenever I hear thin lizzy they're the best rock band I've ever heard.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mach

Storyville - A piece of your soul....great album, I love David Holt & David Grissom's guitar work. Tommy Shannon & Chris Layton rhythm section (Double Trouble).
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

Quote from: Geir on October 15, 2009, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: Justin_Case on October 14, 2009, 08:13:10 PMenjoying a little Phil / Thin Lizzy...

Ahhh that's my kinda music !!!!!!!!!! Whenever I hear thin lizzy they're the best rock band I've ever heard.

When I listen to TL, I think of what could have been.  The range and depth of the songs and musicianship of the players over the years really is impressive.  Such a tragic loss when Phil passed.

Ted

I'm a fan of older Alice Cooper, and haven't given much of a chance to anything released since (seriously) Lace and Whiskey, which was in 1977!

So the other day saw Super Hits on sale for $3.99 US.  What the hell, I thought, It'll probably suck, but I can risk $4 on my homie Alice.

This is fabulous:

From The Last Temptation, released in 1994.

Starts of with something that sounds like Frippertronics, then a Spanish guitar progression, then it gets even better.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Justin_Case

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Okay, I'm not listening to this right now.

But last night I saw Bob Dylan at the Arizona State Fair, and I took this crummy little picture with my phone:

Bob is all the way on the right.  Interestingly, he played keyboards most of the night. Somewhere in the center is Charlie Sexton on guitar.

Pedro: Would you get right on that post-by-email feature.  Thanks.

It was a very good concert.  I was reluctant to become a fan of Dylan. Time Out Of Mind from 1997 was the album that finally hooked me.  The song Cold Irons Bound in particular.  So some of my favorite Dylan music comes from the period after his voice was already totally thrashed.  Some fans of older Dylan music prefer his old lousy voice to his new lousy voice, and may have been disappointed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mr. Scar

Quote from: Geir on October 15, 2009, 02:06:11 PM

yeah, sounds good