What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Bluesberry

Nice one Justin, love that tone right there, it tears at you.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

Quote from: Ted on October 11, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: Geir on October 11, 2009, 05:14:22 PMThis one's for you T : ;)

WTF!  Talk about having it both ways:  Ironic social criticism, while exploiting the very phenomenon being criticized.  That's a head scratcher for sure.

I dont think shes aware of the irony.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OsCKilO

Quote from: Ted on October 11, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: Geir on October 11, 2009, 05:14:22 PMThis one's for you T : ;)

WTF!  Talk about having it both ways:  Ironic social criticism, while exploiting the very phenomenon being criticized.  That's a head scratcher for sure.

Mars and Venus......... I don't think we are Supposed to understand........

Cheers G! They were OK! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Davo

I just watched Adventureland and loved it.  The soundtrack was insanley good.  Heres a pair I had never heard till last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2EgYq_NCY

Im a huge Replacements fan, heres Paul at my favorite local music  store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6is5Wu8I4
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Justin_Case

tony

Quote from: Ted on October 12, 2009, 04:42:58 PMGreat video.  Great song.

This is great.  What album is it from?  I'd love to buy the CD. :)  [And that, folks, was the first smiley face that I have ever used in my life - Oh, how this MBR/site has opened up my life.]

Ted

Quote from: tony on October 14, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
Quote from: Ted on October 12, 2009, 04:42:58 PMGreat video.  Great song.

This is great.  What album is it from?  I'd love to buy the CD. :)  [And that, folks, was the first smiley face that I have ever used in my life - Oh, how this MBR/site has opened up my life.]

I don't use smileys very often.  If I find myself considering using a smiley, it's usually because I'm afraid my tone might be misinterpreted--when I'm not intending to be a jerk, but my words could be taken that way.  Smiley temptation is a warning sign that I should either rephrase my words, or keep my silence.

Anyway: That was also the first Soulstar song I've ever heard. I believe I read on their Web site (http://www.thisissoulstar.com) that this song will be on a forthcoming album.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on October 14, 2009, 09:49:34 PM
Quote from: tony on October 14, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
Quote from: Ted on October 12, 2009, 04:42:58 PMGreat video.  Great song.

This is great.  What album is it from?  I'd love to buy the CD. :)  [And that, folks, was the first smiley face that I have ever used in my life - Oh, how this MBR/site has opened up my life.]

I don't use smileys very often.  If I find myself considering using a smiley, it's usually because I'm afraid my tone might be misinterpreted--when I'm not intending to be a jerk, but my words could be taken that way.  Smiley temptation is a warning sign that I should either rephrase my words, or keep my silence.

Anyway: That was also the first Soulstar song I've ever heard. I believe I read on their Web site (http://www.thisissoulstar.com) that this song will be on a forthcoming album.

Well, maybe you guys can teach me something - Outlook code and bb code made my acceptable : ) turn into a goofy smiley face many years ago, so I just ran with it, using all the loving smiley characters - a sign of the times, maybe? Better than a corporate AOL induced lol, rotfl, etc.! You may as well cook this Tom Turkey if I used that stuff... (CTT - That stands for Cooked Tom Turkey!)

So anyway, I'm confused!!!! What's the difference ??? (I just wanted to use three question marks here and it turned into a confused smiley!!! - Dammit!!)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

SMF Smiley Codes

:)  =    Smiley
  ;)  =    Wink
  :D  =    Cheesy
  ;D  =    Grin
 >:(  =    Angry
  :(  =    Sad
  :o  =    Shocked
  8)  =    Cool

???  =    Huh
 ::)  =    Roll Eyes
  :P  =    Tongue
 :-[  =    Embarassed
 :-X  =    Lips Sealed
 :-\  =    Undecided
 :-*  =    Kiss
 :'(  =    Cry
If you don't want your "???" turned into a smiley, click on Additional Options and put a checkmark in the "Don't use smileys" box.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website