What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Saijinn Maas

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oldrottenhead

well not sure listening is the right term, osckilo/tharek sent me a link to the new rammstein video, i'm not easily shocked but i did get a surprise, safe to say im not posting the link here, just google rammstein shocking new video
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 17, 2009, 12:56:10 PMjust google rammstein shocking new video

I did.

Idiotic new video is more like it.

Seriously: Is that supposed to pass for clever, interesting, or brash?

Satchwood and I (the two Arizonans here) are going to have to send Alice Cooper over to Germany and kick some ass.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

launched

I started to hunt the video down, but then I came to my senses:

First of all, it's a little late to be getting after Rammstein - They've been around for at least 14 years and going downhill ever since. Maybe popular in Europe still, but that German Erotica/Nastystuff/Torture/Whatever didn't really do much for me or anyone I know.

I bought an album 12 years ago (Sehnsucht) for the mainstream song that was sung in German (Du Hast). I thought it was innovative riffage and was cool to listen to, but nothing more. The album jacket spoke for itself - Garish masochism.

I did hear some of their new music and got an impression similar to the Crocodile Dundee movie where Dundee sees television again for the first time in years. He turns the TV and an 'I Love Lucy' rerun is playing. He said "Yep, that's what I saw", and snaps it back off again.

So there's no reason to get worked up ladies and gentlemen.

"Yep, that's what I saw..."

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Here is my newest favorite band.  Black Mountain.  They are from Canada and they are prog-ilicious.  Wayne Coyne (Flamming Lips) loves them, so that is some high praise.  This is from their second album (only two out so far), the song on the album is 17 freaking minutes long and it contains a beautiful sweet Pink Floydy ambient middle synth section.  The Keyboardist uses only analogue synths and organs.  This is the goods.  I love this stuff.  The future of popular music is right here (maybe?) to me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghG37g_HKQ

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 17, 2009, 12:56:10 PMwell not sure listening is the right term, osckilo/tharek sent me a link to the new rammstein video, i'm not easily shocked but i did get a surprise, safe to say im not posting the link here, just google rammstein shocking new video

Moggysan Keeps trying to get me to listen to them.....

It is normally like listening to the dentist drill your head.....

This was quite Euro-popish.....

Think Gunther......... but a lot older....... Then add some years on to that......

With his Ding-Dong out..........

Putting it in places....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Black Mountain is working for me! I'm getting a mix between Floyd, Sabbath and Styx if you can believe it.

I'm gonna go get me some more...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: launched on September 17, 2009, 01:51:49 PMI did hear some of their new music and got an impression similar to the Crocodile Dundee movie where Dundee sees television again for the first time in years. He turns the TV and an 'I Love Lucy' rerun is playing. He said "Yep, that's what I saw", and snaps it back off again.

So there's no reason to get worked up ladies and gentlemen.

"Yep, that's what I saw..."

Sorry for my burst of opinionated dismissal.  I never heard of them before.  So, maybe he's as old as Alice Cooper.  Shock is so juvenile, blatant--and uncreative.

That's a funny quote from Crocodile Dundee.  I've been meaning to show that to my 13-year-old.  Now I'm more motivated to rent it.

This is what I'm listening to:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac