StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

Quote from: Ted on February 17, 2022, 10:59:43 AM
Quote from: cuthbert on February 16, 2022, 04:51:03 PMThe passing of the musical torch (scene from the film 'Bedazzled' with Dudley Moore & Peter Cook). Stick around for psychedelic song 'Bedazzled' by Drimble Wedge and The Vegetation  ;D

I'm triggered by these two songs. Reminds me of the failure of my first marriage.

Me: [Desperately] "Love me!!!"

My Ex: Leave me alone. I'm self contained. Just go away. I'm cold. I'm shallow. You fill me with inertia. I'm not interested. It's too much effort.

Yowch! Well, I guess we've all been there at one time or another. The way you compared it got a chuckle out of me. :)

I had first heard only 'Bedazzled', back in the late 80s on a psychedelic compilation a friend of mine had. Drawn in by the old-school flanging in the song and its call-and-response vocal style, and then got really hooked with the "you fill me with inertia" line.

Until I saw the film a few years ago, I didn't even know that it was a companion piece to 'Love Me', or that both songs were written by Dudley Moore. If you ever get a chance to see it, it's a funny little film (a re-telling of the Faust story). Also stars the lovely Racquel Welch...ahem.  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: StephenM on February 17, 2022, 04:50:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzeGGCXBxU

a great cover of Eleanor Rigby by the great band KANSAS!

Interesting, I hadn't heard this one before. Them Beatles roots - they run deep, man...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

I make these mixes that have 30 or so songs apiece. My last one starts with some acoustic blues, goes through some Janis Ian, then lives with quite a bit of Texas blues & rock and roll. I ended it with "Oh I Wept" by Free and then this. Don't even know where I found this (maybe closing credits of a movie?). I cannot articulate why this song gets me. I would say the only music I listen to even remotely like this might be some early Seal. I think my friends who request these mixes may question my state after hearing this. Such is life.

StephenM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E

On Andy's reco!  Very grate song and a cute tushtoboot!  What is not to love!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

AndyR

Quote from: StephenM on February 24, 2022, 04:56:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E

On Andy's reco!  Very grate song and a cute tushtoboot!  What is not to love!

I don't dig her videos so much, but the records, WOW!
(actually the videos thing applies to nearly everyone for me)
And live.

I had all her albums since a month or two after the first one, "Lungs", was released (I think I saw her on Later With Jools and thought "oh my god, I can listen to this!").

We liked the music, but it's live that really convinced me.
I saw something from the BBC that was filmed when "Ceremonials" came out - can't find it anymore.

We also saw her Glastonbury set on the tv a few years later (she replaced the Foo Fighters when he broke his leg, there was uproar she was given a headline slot, and she KILLED it).

Then she announced a tour for How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful and I went to a gig for the first time in YEARS.
In fact, I went to 3 in one week ;D

Here's one of the Glasto tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDXkD4l0ZBE

It's the first track on How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful.

My favourite album is probably still the second one "Ceremonials". I had it on pre-order and it arrived the day it was released. I put it on and I was in tears it was so amazing. The first three tracks are stunning (she used the 3rd, What The Water Gave Me, as her set-opener for the How Big tour) - try to listen to them without the videos... she paints HUGE pictures in your head... what she puts in the videos feels a bit distracting to me.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Here's what I'm listening to at the moment.

I am SO ready for the album :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQuTUSIGQEE
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Last one...

This is the set opener from Lollapalooza 2016.
This is roughly what we saw at Ally Pally, except she had a white trouser suit with a blue blouse.

We sang and jumped and waved our arms along with all the young peeps (and we were in the front row ;D)

It was like seeing Queen back in the olden days.

(In fact, apparently, she says, that when she got given the Glastonbury headline slot with just a couple of weeks to go she was "Yessss... oh f**k... wtf do I do?", and Grohl said to her "watch live videos of Freddie Mercury and Queen" - and that's how they turned into a "stadium act").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1IJ50ihc0
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

Quote from: cuthbert on February 26, 2022, 10:35:04 PMPsychedelic Nuge...

(likely my only Ted Nugent post - ever  ;D )

I will try to find it in my heart to forgive you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac