What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Pine

Tony's playing was incredible. Makes it all look so darn easy. Good singer to boot and one of the all time best flatpickers, along with my fav, Norman Blake. RIP Mr. Rice...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

maxit

recorder
Audacity

StephenM

If you like Rush... you will love this.... a collage intro of many of their musical passages (from various songs) as an intro to "Spirit of the Radio."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Vanncad

Quote from: StephenM on January 27, 2021, 08:53:11 PMIf you like Rush... you will love this.... a collage intro of many of their musical passages (from various songs) as an intro to "Spirit of the Radio."

Awesome. Great way to give the crowd a taste of their favourites even if they don't all make it to the set list.

When I was in high school there was a band that would always play "Bastille Day" and "Red Barchetta" at our assemblies. I wasn't really into Rush besides "Tom Sawyer" and "Workin Man" but looking back I can now appreciate it what it took for those guys to learn those songs.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

StephenM

Quote from: Vanncad on January 28, 2021, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: StephenM on January 27, 2021, 08:53:11 PMIf you like Rush... you will love this.... a collage intro of many of their musical passages (from various songs) as an intro to "Spirit of the Radio."

Awesome. Great way to give the crowd a taste of their favourites even if they don't all make it to the set list.

When I was in high school there was a band that would always play "Bastille Day" and "Red Barchetta" at our assemblies. I wasn't really into Rush besides "Tom Sawyer" and "Workin Man" but looking back I can now appreciate it what it took for those guys to learn those songs.

I graduated HS in 1978... and I had not really become "Rush Aware" yet... I knew they existed but hadn't really listened yet... my dad was a member of columbia house and he bought a 8 track called "A Farewell to Kings".... he thought it was a tribute to elvis...haha.... well he gave it to me... and I really didn't listen to it... I taped over the holes and recorded Pablo Cruise over the top of it....sacrilege... my gosh what was I thinking.... later, some years later, I was introduced to 2112 and then I started a journey of listening to every Rush album they ever did (I did not hear much after "Test For Echo").... I loved every bit of it... and I would say my favorite era is the 80s... I just love the synths with the hard rock...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

bruno

I always love me a bit of Rush, ever since I first heard them when 2112 was released. Every seems to have Rush and Sabbath embroidered on their denim jackets at concerts....

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

even though I am mostly a rocker... I really loved alot of pop music, especially with black singers...they have "soul" and really liked Lionel Ric*hie and the Commodores too...
this guy has it too....and it goes to show the fact that "All men are *(not) created equal!" 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24