What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Greeny

Hollywood Nights (great version by Tina by the way) made me think of Thin Lizzy covering Bob Seger's song Rosalie  - my favourite live performance ever. My Dad saw that Live & Dangerous tour (lucky lucky lucky). I was jamming with it just now - Les Paul of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSo9CC2wKVI

chapperz66

Quote from: Greeny on January 21, 2021, 12:33:55 PMHollywood Nights (great version by Tina by the way) made me think of Thin Lizzy covering Bob Seger's song Rosalie  - my favourite live performance ever. My Dad saw that Live & Dangerous tour (lucky lucky lucky). I was jamming with it just now - Les Paul of course.

I saw them in 1978 in Wembley.   Damn fine gig form a great band.

pjd1

You should have a read of " cowboy song" by Graeme Thomson , the Biography of his  Phil Lynott,s Life , i am half way through it Know , life in the fast lane and then some to say the least , probably at the that moment in time you have posted the best Live act in the world bar none

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mike_S

Quote from: Greeny on January 21, 2021, 12:33:55 PMHollywood Nights (great version by Tina by the way) made me think of Thin Lizzy covering Bob Seger's song Rosalie  - my favourite live performance ever. My Dad saw that Live & Dangerous tour (lucky lucky lucky). I was jamming with it just now - Les Paul of course.

Yes magnificent... what a sound. The twin lead sends a shiver down the spine. They don't make em like that anymore.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I spent hours and hours listening to Jailbreak.... and then more of the other stuff later....suffice it to say that the Cowboy Song dueling lead is so magnif....and then to hear a piece of it in that live rendition of Rosalie....whifch is better thean Bobs orig imo..... yes Thin Lizzy were great...too bad Phil had that little too crazy gene....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

bruno

Love me a bit of Thin Lizzy - and Rosalie is a quality tune.
I always loved Thunder and Lightening - I thought that was a great album - am I odd?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

StephenM

Quote from: bruno on January 22, 2021, 05:12:47 AMLove me a bit of Thin Lizzy - and Rosalie is a quality tune.
I always loved Thunder and Lightening - I thought that was a great album - am I odd?
B
I gotta look at that one....hmmmm

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Flash Harry

Diamonds on the soles of her shoes.

Woohoohoo

tanananana
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different