What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

StephenM

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 19, 2020, 11:56:31 PM
Quote from: cuthbert on December 19, 2020, 11:06:32 PMI've been on a Move kick lately. This is the later version of the group with Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood. Love how their voices blend on this.

I love The Move in that era. I've got their 1972 album "Split Ends" which features "Chinatown" and lots of other great tracks. Seven of the twelve tracks are taken from their 1971 album "Message From The Country". Here are a couple of my favourites.

whoa.... that was big....really big... progtastic..that big prog bass and the Ozzy like vocals...wow.. I will have to dig out some more of this stuff...thank you very much..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

I'm listening to the new album of Pierre Bensusan AZWAN, which is magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2mYItTjXMI

listen here to the new version of his return to ireland, the art of counterpoint in guitar DADGAD!

...Pierre Bensusan's USA/Canada tour has been cancelled ...because of Covid  >:D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 22, 2020, 01:14:20 AMI'm listening to the new album of Pierre Bensusan AZWAN, which is magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2mYItTjXMI

listen here to the new version of his return to ireland, the art of counterpoint in guitar DADGAD!

...Pierre Bensusan's USA/Canada tour has been cancelled ...because of Covid  >:D

Fantastic acoustic guitar playing! I wish I could play like that...amazing counter points and technique with DADGAD tuning. Thanks for posting this JP.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 19, 2020, 11:56:31 PM
Quote from: cuthbert on December 19, 2020, 11:06:32 PMI've been on a Move kick lately. This is the later version of the group with Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood. Love how their voices blend on this.

I love The Move in that era. I've got their 1972 album "Split Ends" which features "Chinatown" and lots of other great tracks. Seven of the twelve tracks are taken from their 1971 album "Message From The Country". Here are a couple of my favourites.

For some reason I missed this entire era of Move. I can hear Jeff Lynne's influences throughout. All three of these songs are real jewels. I like their production choices like the use of multiple panned instruments through the songs and the use of two different bass tracks. Cool stuff...thanks for posting Cuthbert and 64!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

about Pierre Bensusan

He is the most important guitarist in finguer picking style that I knew (I've been a fan since his first album in 1970, and I saw him 3 times on stage)
He plays and has developed in France the game exclusively in Open D modal DADGAD tuning.

He had to cancel his 2020 USA/Canada tour, because of the global pandemic that we all know unfortunately

He has a worldwide fame and (no one is a prophet in his country) he is more known in the USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, England, Ireland, Italy ... than in France.

He is preparing a tour in China ,

another important point: he is not a Pop star, he is a real guitar craftsman who, when he is not touring the world, does DADGAD guitar courses and workshops at home, in the country, in France.
When I did my physiotherapy training at the Centre de Brulés in Haiti, he was kind enough to preface my course!

If you want more informations about Pierre it's here :www.pierrebensusan.com

QuotePIERRE'S US & CANADA TOUR HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that I announced that with the exception of concerts throughout this coming weekend, I must cancel and postpone concert dates for the rest of this 2020 North American tour. The looming threat of Coronavirus spreading has caused many of the promoters to cancel these shows (or otherwise face an unbearable level of uncertainty and risk). I am also concerned for my safety, my fans, and the staff at the venues. I have already begun re-booking the tour for 2021 and you will be the first people to learn about it as concerts in your areas become announced.

I have worked for one year to build this 5-month tour which includes about 100 shows, to sync with the release of my new album "Azwan" and my new book "The Pierre Bensusan Guitar Collection" and  may I encourage you, fans and friends to purchase these new releases through my website at: www.pierrebensusan.com/azwan

From fans who have listened to « Azwan »:
"I've listened to your Azwan CD now 4x through and I must say that this is my favorite album of yours. I love the flow of the CD and the album has a special magic to it. The complex rhythms, and harmonic, and melodic movements and developments are matched with what sounds like simplicity and joy. I also love your vocals and chants and the other added instruments...... This is a masterpiece album!!" - T.M.

"Finally got to listen to the cd this evening and absolutely love it. The first piece had me in tears it's so beautiful as is the whole album. I rarely listen to a whole cd at once, but this one I did. It is a masterpiece in my humble opinion. It's emotional, delicate, playful and moving." - J.B.

With best regards, stay safe and an immense thank you for your support,
Pierre

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

cuthbert

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 19, 2020, 11:56:31 PMI love The Move in that era. I've got their 1972 album "Split Ends" which features "Chinatown" and lots of other great tracks. Seven of the twelve tracks are taken from their 1971 album "Message From The Country". Here are a couple of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXKiJqXTaGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEG9rpoSMY

You have excellent taste, good sir. :)

And I love 'Message from the Country'! I got it on CD back in the late 80s / early 90s and it's gotten a lot of play since then. And thanks for the link to 'Split Ends', 64G - I just scored the LP on eBay for $10!.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 22, 2020, 08:18:46 AMFor some reason I missed this entire era of Move. I can hear Jeff Lynne's influences throughout. All three of these songs are real jewels. I like their production choices like the use of multiple panned instruments through the songs and the use of two different bass tracks. Cool stuff...thanks for posting Cuthbert and 64!

Glad you enjoyed it, Farrell!

The heavy bass is what first grabbed me on this 'Message from the Country' album by The Move. Here's another great example (another Jeff Lynne song, with Roy Wood pounding out the bass):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wotrzvbNZ3M
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: StephenM on December 19, 2020, 11:16:28 PM...if you asked me...to pick out who this was and I listened for a bit I am quite sure I would have said ELO.... I was a big fan but not in the way that I knew all their stuff...but yes, this has Jeff Lynne all over it....

Oh yes. The Move actually became Electric Light Orchestra (Jeff Lynne, Roy Wood, and drummer Bev Bevan formed the group). Roy Wood only stuck around for ELO's first album - here's another song he trades off vocals with Jeff Lynne (Wood also plays the bass and all the cellos on this track):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Xc5fM2waI
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

TPB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6R5cP4LAKY

This is my cousin Jim playing a acoustic set with Dave never could get my Ovation to sound like that
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

Quotenever could get my Ovation to sound like that

Your cousin Tim ouah great playing!

I really liked the very typical sounds of the Ovation electro-acoustics in the 80s.

...it reminds me of John Mc Laughin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdGYBI1fBhs