What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mike_S

Quote from: StephenM on December 11, 2020, 02:46:26 AMok... after having seen this.... I have a bit of learning to do on the drums....my gosh....this is testosterone vs. estrogen... whoa.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFIppFPL90w

Gotta be a drummers favourite this one!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

omgosh.... I didn't know until today that Lou Gramm sang a Alan Parsons song and it is lovely.... and Alan did a superb job mixing etc....but I started to cry because that wonderful voice will never be like it was and I will not be young again....this side of heaven...feelings.....
anyway....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijw2Zd0DrM0

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

A recent discovery. Billy Joel sounding more Beatles than the Beatles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5g75rHKecM

Jean Pierre

Quotesounding more Beatles than the Beatles.

...well I have some gaps in Anglo-Saxon music (as you probably have some in French music ;) ..and I didn't know Billy Joel ! ..I looked at his biography on wikipedia ...quite a character indeed! ...5 honorary doctorate titles ...

and indeed there are definitely Beatles ik-e intonations in this song...

very interesting, thank you Greeny
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: StephenM on December 17, 2020, 02:12:10 AMomgosh.... I didn't know until today that Lou Gramm sang a Alan Parsons song and it is lovely.... and Alan did a superb job mixing etc....but I started to cry because that wonderful voice will never be like it was and I will not be young again....this side of heaven...feelings.....
anyway....

This real nice and the words are touching. I do like Lou Gramm's voice and Alan Parson is a master engineer/producer/songwriter. It took me a bit recognize Lou's voice...that is until he hit those distinctive high notes. Thanks for posting this up Stephan.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Greeny on December 17, 2020, 02:58:55 AMA recent discovery. Billy Joel sounding more Beatles than the Beatles.

Yes he mimicked the Beatles sound and style to a tee. I heard some John Lennon in his vocals. Thanks for posting it up Greeny.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Quote from: Greeny on December 17, 2020, 02:58:55 AMA recent discovery. Billy Joel sounding more Beatles than the Beatles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5g75rHKecM

Nice one, Greeny - I hadn't heard this one before, although I seem to recall one or another of Billy Joel's hits having "Lennon-esque" backing vocals. This one definitely has got some of that Lennon DNA in it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 17, 2020, 07:05:33 AM
Quote from: StephenM on December 17, 2020, 02:12:10 AMomgosh.... I didn't know until today that Lou Gramm sang a Alan Parsons song and it is lovely.... and Alan did a superb job mixing etc....but I started to cry because that wonderful voice will never be like it was and I will not be young again....this side of heaven...feelings.....
anyway....

This real nice and the words are touching. I do like Lou Gramm's voice and Alan Parson is a master engineer/producer/songwriter. It took me a bit recognize Lou's voice...that is until he hit those distinctive high notes. Thanks for posting this up Stephan. 
Farrell,  I don't know if you heard or not but Lou almost died several years ago from a brain tumor... he's had a rough go of it... He is one of my all time favorite rock voices and Foreigner was a favorite as well....so hearing this literally made me cry... likely because i realize the end of a favorite life chapter.... I think he sang this well, very well, but it's impossible to be the old Lou Gramm....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24