What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

guitarron

Quote from: Greeny on July 03, 2009, 09:46:14 AMAfternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band. An office and personal favourite.

i love that scene in "Ron Burgandy" (Will Ferrell) where they sing it accapella in the office

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

I'm listening to tunes on this Forum and to my own tunes to better sequence the material for a "time travel" theme album with a story behind it...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Davo on July 03, 2009, 11:00:53 AMStay classy San Diego!

You from San Diego Davo??

I live in San Diego.

Davo

No Im in Riverside, but Im down there all the time.  A close friend has a condo in Little Italy.  SD is seriously one of my favorite cities.

Saijinn Maas

Cool

My sister and her family live in Riverside. I'm not too far from little Italy. Live in Mission Hills, just outside downtown SD.

grolschie

I listen to Glen Phillips quite a bit. I really quite like the winning entry of the Glen Phillips Collaboration Contest at Kompoz.

Davo

In light of the 4th of July, and the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock.  The final song of the final act...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao6-VmXId7w

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on July 03, 2009, 04:34:37 PMCool

My sister and her family live in Riverside. I'm not too far from little Italy. Live in Mission Hills, just outside downtown SD.

I love that town a little more everytime im down there.

Ted

Quote from: Greeny on July 03, 2009, 09:46:14 AMAfternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band. An office and personal favourite.

Oh... here comes 'Hotel California' on our digital jukebox. Then 'Islands in the Stream'. I'm such a rocker, lol.

It takes a confident man to admit such things.

Last night, here in Flagstaff, AZ, by chance I met the owner of what used to be my favorite local video store when I lived 2200 miles away in Washington, DC.

(This is related to the topic. Trust me.)

I told him this true story:

A few years ago I went into Video Americain looking for The Music Man.  And the store actually had it--on VHS. While I was there, the two store clerks were watching some amazing Hendrix video on the in-store TV.

I sheepishly brought my wimpy musical to the register, and prepared myself for sneering film-snob wrath.  I told the clerk, "I feel pretty uncool renting this while you are rocking out to Hendrix."

The clerk immediately consoled, "The Beatles did a song from this film, and Hendrix did a Beatles song, so you're still cool."

I left the store with my dignity intact.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac